return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Frequently Asked Questions / Tutorials / How do I?

req help with xp please
View this Thread in Original format
Abydos
Not familiar with xp but need help,

recently my job installed xp on our pc with high speed.
I used to surf, and download all kinds of stuff, and had all my programs running from it, was windows 98,was running all the kazaa,slsk,hubs,window washer etc..

Now how would I cover my tracks,to make sure I won't get punk'd !

I'm talking steps besides the regular delete files,settings,history, anything else.

would appreciate any help, as this is cramping my style, and I'm starting to hate coming to work ;).

peace
Dr. Cfire
If you network admin at work knows what he is doing your not going to be able to "cover your tracks". Perhaps you should just do you job at work.
jonsimmonds
yup i would imagen they would keep logs of what adresses and ports went in and out of your system, and the amount of bandwith used...
Abydos
Thanks for the replys

I was kinda geting familiar with xp, but you know in win 98 there's a "recent" folder, with the lastest view files etc.. is there one in xp and where?

As for the admin knowing the logs, I'm aware of that, but see i work the graveyard shift, by myself in the whole place, and the pc is a public one, so they can really blame anyone.

I've been doing this for awhile, just wanted a couple of tips if anyone new them offhands.

anyway thanks,
peace
TRANCDS234
Well there is a recent document folder in XP and if you want to clear it just " right click on the taskbar then go to properties, then start menu go down to customize, then go to advance and at the botton you should see a clear list button also there in the same menu you should see a little box that saids list more recently open documents, that is to list it in the start menu I hope this helps ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement