return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Mixing Old with New Records
View this Thread in Original format
DJ M.G
What do you lot think of mixing more "Older" records
with more newer stuff,

It probably wouldn't work in some cases
if you played the more classic older tunes.

The old tunes would have to bind in and flow and
fit in with the style of the set.

Here is a small set i just tested out

Cultivate - Broken Pieces
Pulser - My Religion
Moogwai - Neon (Hemstock & Jennings Remix)
Madagasgar - Requiem
Peppersonic - Time To Fly
Der Dritte Raum - Hale Bopp (Jackdaw Mix)
Mauro Picotto - Pegasus (Tea Remix)

It actually worked quite well
Any of you lot try stuff out like this?
bachatu
It doesnt really matter how old the track is, as long as your mixing songs that may have similar elements or even elements that compliment each other.
however, i dont like mixing some older tunes that arent mastered that well or that lack a bit of production to some newer tunes that have more progressive elements.
If you think about it, it does not really matter how old the tune is, more of how the tune was produced and the elements it has.
Unknown DJ
yea i do this alot. i dont have that much vinyl. im tryin to stop buying it for a while so i can save up for some cd decks and my new mixer so i mix alot of old and new together. as long as the songs go well together i dont think there is anything wrong with it.
pumavisor808
quote:
Originally posted by DJ M.G
What do you lot think of mixing more "Older" records
with more newer stuff,

Any of you lot try stuff out like this?

Nope, I throw out all the records I buy after 2 months....:tongue2
Tim_G
quote:
Originally posted by pumavisor808
Nope, I throw out all the records I buy after 2 months....:tongue2

throw out......send me!
Flash Bastard
:) ... we all have our classics :D
Omegasox
I'm always throwing in classics, I wish more people would! Some of them have a different sound altogether than the "new" generation of releases, but there's always a time where you can drop an oldie without losing your flow. :D
dknylady
well how old do you mean?
i think it's best to mix the older songs w/ the newer, as long as they're not so old that the style or quality is different...
and they don't even have to be classics. they can just be some sick trax that got overlooked for the most part.

i can't judge about your set, that's not really my kind of music, but how about adding a few more trax? :)
basd
For me it doesn't matter how old a record is, if it fits in, it's ok..
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement