return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia

Pages: [1] 2 
an english Assignement about Australia i have.... i need help...
View this Thread in Original format
netroM
Hey all aussies :)

As the topic title says... i have an english assignement about an english speaking country... I've chosen Australia :D

I'll be needing some help finding information on
- Social Conditions
- Culture
- Environment
- Name of an author from australia
- Anything else you would like to include about Autralia

Hope you can help me :)

[edit] wops... lol how could i spell australia wrong? sry...[/edit]
gumble
hey!

only glad to help!

first thing you must learn to do, is spell the name of our country right, this may earn you bonus marks. its Australia. got that?

cool!

Social conditions?

well, we do as little as possible, and spend the money we get from our generous government, this is called the "dole" on beer.

Culture?

reflected by our social conditions, once again revolving around beer. if you drink to much, you may start to sing, and this is where our arts and humanities are founded, within the heart and soul of a stubbie (that’s a beer in a short necked bottle)

Environment?

i think its fair to say its ing hot in summer.

Name of an author from Australia?

well, I’m not quite sure what an author is?

anything else I would like to include?

yes, im drinking and about to go out. Haven’t you heard of ing google?
Ghostface
lol, aussies always willing to help.

and yeah i did a 3000 word assignment on the RAVE act using sources entirely off google.

Havent got the mark back yet tho.....
gilmista
unfortunately in today's world, if google cant help you - noone can!
escee
- Social Conditions

We have nothing but desert all around us. It is a harsh and unforgiving land filled with snakes, steve irwin, black fellas, and spiders. As noted by gumble our unemployment is relatively high, and get given money by the government. Yet not of all us have alcohol addiction like gumble.

- Culture

We all carry around huge knives like paul hogan and constantly say "THIS IS A KNIFE!". This leads to the australian national pass time, some people think we play cricket, rugby and football. HOWEVER THEY ARE WRONG. We usually play a game called Knifey Spooney and the winner is awarded beer, regardless of whether or not they want a coffee.

- Environment

Desert everywhere!

- Name of an author from austrailia

David Boon.

- Anything else you would like to include

Please tell me about Norway? Do you have giant snowmen running around there and attacking people? because thats what ive heard...
netroM
i'v heard of google....and i use it alot, but i was 2 lazy 2 search....
ok.. i'll go and search on google then... i thought this woul b an easy way to get my assignement done....:(

@escee: thanks 4 the information m8 :) and no, snowmen don't attack ppl here..the snowmen are just snow packed and rolled into about 3 huge snowballs put on eachother, then we grant the snowman a carrot as a nose, some rocks as eyes and buttons and also a hat and a scarf.. Here in norway it's not that cold actually... only in winter :shiver: ... in summer it's 25-30 Celcius here :cool: But this is only 4 the ppl that live in a city like Oslo, Bergen, Bodר, Tromsר... I like the temperature here :) not 2 hot, but sumtimes 2 cold :(
escee
ררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררר ררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררר רררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררר רררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררר ררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררר רררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררר רררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררר רררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררר

^--- we dont have funky o's here either there is another protip, perhaps you could make a multimillion dollar business by importing them?
netroM
lol, you know the swedish and finnish צ ?? it's actually just like the ר when spelled... the sound is like OE very fast this produces רy, which is island in norwegian :D
hope u understand more now...
oh... we got 2 other funky letters.... ֶ ז and ֵ ו :D
Ghostface
riiiiiiight.
euphoric dream
i cant believe you guys forgot to mention our fear of dingo's.

JooB
This is me at Australia Day 2003:

Info:

http://www.csu.edu.au/australia/
djway
quote:
Originally posted by netroM
Hey all aussies :)

As the topic title says... i have an english assignement about an english speaking country... I've chosen Australia :D

I'll be needing some help finding information on
- Social Conditions
- Culture
- Environment
- Name of an author from australia
- Anything else you would like to include about Autralia

Hope you can help me :)

[edit] wops... lol how could i spell australia wrong? sry...[/edit]

Serious answer from me

David Boon was a cricket player. only book he'd of written would b his biography.

Social Conditions.

THere's a genreal up for it attitude and willing to help peole out in hardship. A commonly used phrase in Sydney,AU is "no worries". Society has your standard 3 classes, in Sydney. THe state above us are refered to in slag as bogans, due 2 their relaxed nature. Qld (the state above) is hot and humid all year round basically. NT doesn't have do anything except for mines. They have no trance. WA a sleepy little city is what we here over here, but not a bad city I've been told from those who have been there. Very well thought out and designed. Melbourne is the clothes capitan of AU and also progressive/music capital. Tasmaina is full of inbreeders (Hello Ghostface :P). A lot of australia has been in drought for over almost the last year

Culture, a bit above already. More to that genreally relaxed and good people. Most ppl party/go/or just let their hair down `coz it's friday. Drugs are still a HUGE nono. Beer (Fosters IS NOT the drink of choice) is consumed like water in all cities.

Henry Lawson is an austrlian author and poet. Hope that's of some help. They are serious answers and I'm DEAD tired.

Cheers,
djway
au.ta
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement