return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
oakey vs tiesto???
View this Thread in Original format
dazzed
I saw oakey at area one last night.

is it just me, or does anyone else feel like oakie is moving away from pure trance. allot of his stuff was long continuious beats which kept me waiting for the melody to kick in.

I think Tiesto is our new leader.
any thoughts?

luke
D-Syde
New leader??????
dazzed
rephrase.
best trance dj as of now
D-Syde
Let me rephrase :)

Ive thought Tiesto has been better than Oakenfold for a while now...for a LONG while.
dazzed
agreed =)

yah iv just been holding on to oakenfolds 98/99 mixes,
and every now and then i get a record of some sick sick remix
that oakie has done. so i guess in my head i always hoped he was still good. but now that i finally saw him play. i came to the conclusion.

apparently a little late though =)
TranceGeek
umm, oakie can beat tiesto in mixing blindfolded... but i vote for tiesto simply because of his track selection and his ability to read the crowd!
D-Syde
I bet about 95% of the people who have seen them both live would vote for Tiesto. He knows how to play the crowd...but even more, you can see how into it he is. He loves his job, he loves music, and he loves making people happy...and it shows! And that reflects onto other people.
Ckerr812
Tiesto is much better then Oakie.....Although Oakenfold has his moments...but they are getting few and far between lately....I'll let you know more after I see Oakenfold at the Area one festival after WEMF :)
mindshooter
quote:
Originally posted by TranceGeek
but i vote for tiesto simply because of his track selection

Thats the part i dont like with him at the moment... I liked the smoother uplifting trax he played before his new releases.......
I think Ferry Corsten is my :p"leader":p at the moment :D

Peace
amit
tiesto is so damn over rated!!! he sucks as a dj! i think oakey is so much better than him! but the new LEADER OF ALL LEADERS IS PVD. NO ONE CAN TOUCH HIM. HE IS THE BEST! i want pvd for area 2 next year! haha

D-Syde
You can have your PVD, who didnt crack a smile the whole time I saw him. He looked so bored just spinning records. I'll take "the over rated" Tiesto, who was smiling the whole time, singing and dancing to his music....clapping to the songs to get the people into it. There is more than just being able to mix 2 records together to being a DJ.
Raccoon
TIESTO!!!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Privacy Statement