return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Sound Cards For Laptops
View this Thread in Original format
Nell
Can you get decent sound cards for laptops? im after soemthign with great sound quality, simple as that. Are they easy to fit? any recomendations on card /price / webstore? would i be better getting a external usb connected soundcard?

cheers

Nell
Dj Thy
You have three choices. Either you go the PCMCIA route (the creditcard type of thingie), USB or Firewire.

I must say, except if you just want some basic i/o (like stereo in or stereo out), Firewire devices are the best option, due to the architecture (lot's of troughput, isochronous, ...).

But there are some decent PCMCIA alternatives too, I think Echo makes some. I know for sure RME has a PCMCIA card to drive their Multiface series.

But internal? To my knowledge, unless it was completely modified in casing, I've not seen a laptop that had a good internal audio card. PCI is not an option...
Nell
thanks very much for your help!
hey cheggy
This should point you in the right direction

http://www.midiman.com/index.php?do...obileinterfaces
DJDIRTY
If you wont a good laptop card, get yourself an RME PCMCIA type II card and a multiface or a digiface.. You wont's regret it. The quality is top. I seen a laptop the other day running one of those and i just could not resist. I gived my maudio delta 66 card to my girlfriend so she can make tracks on her little set up and i got the rme multiface with the pci card, the sound is amazing.. I was able to compare it to my delta 66 and now i finally understand what's the fuss all about.. The sound quality is really good.. And it's the same on a laptop. and if you ever decide that you wont to use your audio card on a desktop, than just get the pci add on card and you can swap between the desktop and laptop. I think it's one of the best sounding cards out there.. It may not be cheap. but with all the features and the sound quality, rock steady drivers, i think it's well worth the money.. If you're serious about your sound.. You can't go wrong with rme..
tvmann
Check also http://www.echoaudio.com and their Indigo line of laptop cards.

:thepirate
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement