return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

M-Audio Radium 49 Keyboard Problems
View this Thread in Original format
DeleriuM2K
so I bought this thing a while ago, and had it set up nicely before. But then I stopped using it. Anyway, today I decided I would reinstall it

I couldnt find the CD that came with it so I downloaded the driver for it off the M-Audio website. I followed all the instructions and installed the software.

Although the USB is powering the keyboard, it doesnt seem to recognize it. ie there is no little popup in my taskbar in XP saying "new USB device detected" or "Radium 49 detected" like its supposed to. None of my midi software (cubase sx, reason, or even simple SB virtual keyboard) recognize the keyboard

what am I doing wrong here? I remember it was a bitch to set this thing up when I first bought it
btw I recommend against purchasing this keyboard as a controller

btwm, in my "Mixer" built into my sound card's software (Audigy 2), I have the midi input unmuted and turned up.
dj-rob
Ok first make sure your downloading the right drivers...
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do...rlicense&ID=356
Most likely u did...

Next i had the same exact problem, bout 2 weeks after buying from guitar center, I would turn it on, no sound would come up, you know the little sound for hardware detected.. i c u reinstalled it, mine just stopped one day even with it installed..

what i did was take it back to guitar center since, they gave me a new one...

But thats cuz its guitar center, online orders, and smaller stores are different..

Any more details?
Like did u completely remove all drivers, unplug everything, try a different usb hub to plug into, etc.. just wanna see what u did..

We can make it through this :)
dj_pontiac
try it on another computer with those drivers, if it still doesnt work try to get the original cd from the place you bought it... dont worry, it must be a driver problem, if it powers up it should:conf: work
good luck:)
dj-rob
Oh yea try it on another computer, i tried it on the downstairs one and it powered up but it didnt notice it, at this point i was 100% certain that it was broken, took it back and got a new one.
DeleriuM2K
quote:
Originally posted by dj-rob
Ok first make sure your downloading the right drivers...
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do...rlicense&ID=356
Most likely u did...

Next i had the same exact problem, bout 2 weeks after buying from guitar center, I would turn it on, no sound would come up, you know the little sound for hardware detected.. i c u reinstalled it, mine just stopped one day even with it installed..

what i did was take it back to guitar center since, they gave me a new one...

But thats cuz its guitar center, online orders, and smaller stores are different..

Any more details?
Like did u completely remove all drivers, unplug everything, try a different usb hub to plug into, etc.. just wanna see what u did..

We can make it through this :)

yeah I got the right driver, I dont see why the driver on the website and the one on the CD would be any different.
I unplugged, uninstalled everything, and followed all instructions step by step in the readme. but still it doesnt recognize it, even though it powers it... wierd

I think I had this problem a while back when I first bought this keyboard, but I dont know how I fixed it. when I first got it, I eventually hooked it up correctly and it was fine

btw, did your new radium 49 have any problems?

I will try this on my other computer, hopefully that'll work.
I've tried everything, its so frustrating.. I have this great melody I came up with stuck in my head and I wanna make a track!!!

thanks for the help :)
EliPsE
If it came with a ac adapter use that to power it and use midi cord into midi in. and select it there, it should show up.
I have the radium61 and never had any problems like that.The drivers on the page are usually newer than the cds.
dj-rob
Nope, the day I brought the broken one back and got the new one it installed perfectly, and it noticed it...
/I\
USB sucks huh :)

goto your control panel and try uninstalling everything USB related within Device Manger. Reinstall the driver for your USB thingy. Turn off your PC and turn it on after 10 sec with your USB key connected and your fingers crossed :cool:
dj_pontiac
see in control panel / system / hardware devices if the pc loaded the usb kyeboard correctly, i remember i had the same problem with an usb modem and until i removed and reinstalled everything related it wouldnt work...
alanzo
I have an m-audio MK-25c and it worked perfectly through USB, didn't need any drivers with Win XP SP1.. so check in the system hardware manager and see if it appears there wit ha yellow flag or apears at all..

OR

try plugging it into a different USB input..
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement