return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

PC to TV Help!
View this Thread in Original format
DJYaNiK
Hey TA forumer's.

I recently acquired this new Desktop PC (Sony Vaio V200G) and I'm wondering if anyone can provide me with any information on how I can get the PC Screen to show up on the TV Monitor (Computer screen is on TV screen). Sony offers to sell their "Roomlink" but I don't know if it's worth paying so much for. Is it possible to retain the quality of what's on the PC screen over to an HDTV?

Any information would be extremely helpful.

Useful Links:

Sony Vaio V200G

RoomLink

To see the back of the monitor (computer, as well) take the following steps:

Go to the first link listed above -> Click on Product Tour -> Click on Explore -> Features -> Connectivity and Expansion.

EDIT:

NOTE: TV Screen is less than 5 feet away from computer. TV is hooked up to a Sound System (Onkya). I'll take a picture of the set-up during the upcoming week.
DJ-Fuq
Well it should just be a case of plugging the tv-out-phono converter into ur graphics card, and plugging a phono lead from that into ur tvs phono video input.
If u want sound outta the tv ur gonna have to plug a small jack-phono converter/lead into ur soundcard and run that into the tvs audio phono ins.
DJYaNiK
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Fuq
Well it should just be a case of plugging the tv-out-phono converter into ur graphics card, and plugging a phono lead from that into ur tvs phono video input.
If u want sound outta the tv ur gonna have to plug a small jack-phono converter/lead into ur soundcard and run that into the tvs audio phono ins.

I see. I, accidently, forgot to mention the fact that the TV is hooked up to a Sound System (Onkya). Would I basically do the same thing with that?

By the way, thanks for the reply.
-=M=-
dont forget that when you have the graphics card's 2nd output to the tv you need to activate the 2nd output in display properties > settings
DJYaNiK
quote:
Originally posted by -=M=-
dont forget that when you have the graphics card's 2nd output to the tv you need to activate the 2nd output in display properties > settings

I'll take note of that, thanks.

Any other info, people?

I know at least a handful of you have done this, tried this, or contain information that might be useful to me.
whiskers

if the RCA jacks is an output channel and not an input channel, then all you need is a regular RCA cable such as the ones that comes with vcrs. just plug those into the aux or video channel on your tv. the quality won't be as good when using the S-vido link though.

if that's NOT an output channel, then you'll need 2 cables:

S-Video cable to plug into your TV s-video input, OR S-video to RCA jack connector to use with the regular RCA video input. S-Video should be ok on HDTV

headphones plug to stereo RCA jack cable to plug into the speakers jack. i'm using a video cable that came with my digicam and it works absolutely fine for audio.
TigerClaw
My PC has a Geforce 4 card which has an S-Video out, I have it connected to my TV which is very close, I only use it if and when I download High resolution video clips over the net on it, Its not good when you have low quality videos as the bigger the image, the more pixels you see, Another thing you need to remember, When you switch to see your desktop on your TV screen, The desktop resolution on it will be 640x480, So all your icons will be big, And if you have so many icons on your desktop durring your pc monitor, Many of them wont show on the TV as the screen would be too big to see the other icons.
Dr. Cfire
If you have a Geforce 4 card you can run the tv output as a second monitor. This way you can have just the video displayed on the tv and not your desktop icons.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement