return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Im drooling!
View this Thread in Original format
Sirocco
http://www.tascam.com/products/US-2...CAM_US-2400.jpg

tascam us-2400

mnmmmm

controller for ur sequencer. 4 abnd eq with the top knobs and stuff. how ing awesome is this. for 1500 its a steal vs the mackie control. cant wait to get this!!
Sirocco
quote:
Originally posted by Sirocco
http://www.tascam.com/products/US-2...CAM_US-2400.jpg

tascam us-2400

mnmmmm

controller for ur sequencer. 4 abnd eq with the top knobs and stuff. how ing awesome is this. for 1500 its a steal vs the mackie control. cant wait to get this!!

each fader also has 8 banks....so u get support of 192 channels of audio so each is dedicated!!!!
Vert
I think I'd still get a mackie control, the MC is smaller, has lcds at the top to display the track name, and has more shortcut buttons. But it is indeed a sweet deal. I'm wondering though, how quick are the faders on those.

es
Cryogenic
Why the heck is it a CGI ?
Sirocco
http://www.tascam.com/products/US-2...US2400_3Qtr.jpg
CynepMeH
Ok, here's my experience with Tascam FW1884 and their "friendly" tech support:

I bought the damn thing right after it came out. Set it up as a stand alone mixer - ok, no problems so far, works ok. Then, I hook it up to my PC. Driver installs, but system doesn't find the damn thing. ON top of everything my boot time on XP goes up to about 5 minutes, right after I installed the driver (nothing else).

After blowing away the driver and manually wiping the registry, I reinstall the driver, this time the pc finds the FW. Now, every 30 seconds or so, I hear this loud "bzzzzzzzztttttt" sound rip through my monitors. Huh? yank the firewire cable - problem goes away. (not even using the Cubase or other product at that point). The system still takes about 5-10 minutes to boot and on top of everything, I now have a message to defrag my drives everytime i boot. so, I defrag. Next time - again. Ok, defrag. Next time - again. What the funk?! :whip:

Call the support - about 30 mins later, get to support secretary who takes my name and number and says someone will call back. 2 hours later, some doufus (sounding like a 60 year old car mechanic) calls back. After I explain the problem, it takes him about 20 minutes to "get his computer up to speed". At this point, I know I am in trouble. I give him the rundown - he has no clue. Says he will call back. Calls back another 2 hours later.

Gives me a resolution for something completely different that I didn't ask for. So, I tell him - this is not the problem I asked you to help me with. He says: "it took me two hours to research the ing problem and you're telling me this is not what you asked me?!" at which point he hangs up.

:wtf: HUH???????

So, at that point the steam is blowing from my ears, I call Tascam and ask for a manager - get his voicemail. No calls for a day. Next day some engineer calls back and talks to me for about 15 minutes and says "oh, we heard about this problem" - just take it back and get a different one.

So, I'm off to GC to return it. After explaining my warm and fuzzy love for Tascam and their friendly support, I express a sincere desire to personally deliver the product back to the vendor and drop it on the support tech's head from a 10-story building.

The friendly salesflunkie at GC tells me that I can't return the thing because it's been over 15 days. After I threaten him a great deal of bodily harm in a form of axe guitar being inserted wide side up his rectum, he involves a manager. After 30 mins of deliberations, they tell me that I can exchange it, not return it.

I'm reluctant but they bribe me with: "here's a $100 gift certificate for trying out the mixer, if it doesn't work - bring it back, we'll give you your money back". Another 45 mins to drive back home, spend another 1 hour replicating the problem, another 45 mins to drive back to the store to get my money back.

Salesflunkie meets me with "oh, i just spoke to my friend who has the same mixer and he has the same exact problem". I genuinely express my surprise in a form of sincere :eek: "NO ?!" :eek:

After another 15 minutes of trying to convince me to buy a $2800 gizmo I didn't want, I finally get my cash back and off home, swearing to never spend another dime on Tascam product.

BUT YOU'RE WELCOME TO MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS. Just keep in mind: I told you so.

:whip: :rolleyes:
Etherium
Thanks for the heads up Cyn. I hate it when manufacturers don't own up to compatiblity problems.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement