return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
Virus B vs, C
View this Thread in Original format
thecYrus
i've a short question..

is there a big difference between the virus c and b.. not in terms of features but in sound quality?

on the vengeance-sound site you can hear some previews of the patches..

Virus B
Virus C

the preview of the c sounds so much powerfull.. is it only a thing of using the synths or is there really such a big difference?

thx!
cYrus
dj-rob
i dont know that much about the virus, but i dont think the C is "better sound quaility" than the B, i think its just features that is the difference, im not sure tho.. also i think B is a good deal, I dont know if the changes to c are worth the extra price tag because i think you can make any type of sound on the b its just manual scheis made more powerful sounds for the C bank library.. also I think his B library is relatively older than the c.
rb2k1
ive seen a debate about this issue.. Some people say the B is phatter due to some different filters.. and the updated filters in C were a tad thinner.. but ive just read debates about it.. nothing really substantial to back it up.

~Ross B
hey cheggy
The virus B is a bit harsher sounding than the C
DeZmA
there's even a thread on this first page :rolleyes:
maybe some admin delete the search button it's pure decoration
ehRipper
The sample for the C posted above sounds MUCH better then the B.

Altough i am sure very similar sounds can be created on both. Too bad i dont have have first had experiance. But i will soon! Lets here what you guys think.
thecYrus
ok thx!

then i'll buy the b
trancenrg69
theCyrus, the reason the C demo sounds thicker and phatter than the B is because of many variables.

B demo recorded in 2001, C in 2004

He recorded C with a different soundcard, a better one. He has a Hammerfall dsp but I think 3 years ago he had the Rme 96 pad. The Hammerfall dsp wasn't out three years ago so for sure his last soundcard was not as good.The soundcard (a/d converters) will make a huge difference in the sound being recorded.

The C demo is 128 kpbs, while the B is 112.

The C has a built in EQ and new moog filters which the B doesn't.

He uses Cubase SX 2 to record the C demo while the B was recorded with 5.1 probably but definently not sx2 since it wasn't out 3 years ago. The sound engine of sx 2 is much much better than the old cubase version and would affect the sound quality also.

They sound the same except if a patch uses the eq and moog filters. It will sound different on the B, but doesn't mean it will sound worse.
Etherium
There is no difference in quality between the B and C. The C has EQ and more filter types. The two are very, very similar.
broken silence
Nope, no difference in sound engine. The C has a few shiney features that the B doesnt have, but they really dont do . Buy the C if you need more voices...and thats just about it.

The C has:

Slightly different front panel. (as far as layout)

A one band eq. (worthless really)

Mini moog filter option

8 more voices

I think access could have done a better job with bringing us the C than just those updates...(IE they really need another envelope or a possiblity to have global reverb and delay)

EDIT: There is not difference in sound quality between the B and C unit, they are both 24d/a, 18/ad

hey cheggy
quote:
Originally posted by broken silence
Nope, no difference in sound engine. The C has a few shiney features that the B doesnt have, but they really dont do . Buy the C if you need more voices...and thats just about it.

The C has:

Slightly different front panel. (as far as layout)

A one band eq. (worthless really)

Mini moog filter option

8 more voices

I think access could have done a better job with bringing us the C than just those updates...(IE they really need another envelope or a possiblity to have global reverb and delay)

EDIT: There is not difference in sound quality between the B and C unit, they are both 24d/a, 18/ad

WTF, 1 band eq? I don't know about you but my virus has 3 band with a parametric mid. It also has an expanded modulation matrix and linkage to the LFO's which is very useful.
broken silence
just regurgitating from site...

(16) One Band EQ Per Part Low, High (Frequency/Gain) + Fully Parametric Mid (Frequency/Gain/Q)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement