return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

visiting chicago. need tourist information, =P....
View this Thread in Original format
mr. poopyhead
hey fellow TAs... i'm in chicago right now, staying for a few days... i've visited the aquarium and i'm about to hit the museums today. is there anything good to eat around here? just wanted to know if there is a famous restaurant i should visit, or some local specialty i should try around here... someone told me that middle eastern food is good in chicago and i've got an itch for some sherwerma. anyone know where the middle eastern neighborhood is? thanks for your help...
neural defect
http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/barsandclubs/
MOSCHINO
Hello there,
For great middle eastern food I suggest Reza's. Great Place!
432 W. Ontario St.
312-664-4500
Persian cuisine is served in a large space once occupied by Sieben's brewpub, later by a branch of The Berghoff. The brew kettles, now dormant, still glisten behind the mahogany bar.
They also have a location on Clark street. One of the best!
For more modern service and upscale food with cool accents go to Tomboy on Clark. This place is super too! $80-100 for two people dinner with drinks. Stay away from Sushi Sumba (hyped up place downtown with bad service and ok food)
If you like sushi go to Tsunami or Heat. Both downtown, near Rush and Division. Fot tapas - Cafe Iberico, nice joint. Don't call for reservations, they don't take em', just walk in and get a table.

Take care
mr. poopyhead
thanks guys... unfortunately my family decided to take an early exit from chicago, so i never got to check out everything... didn't even see the whole field museum, =(

thanks anyways... chicago is a great city... i'll definitely be back later in the summer.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement