return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
recording longer sets
View this Thread in Original format
dukes
ok what do you use to record a set longer than 3hr 20mins? aparently my soundforge wont let me do it :(
Dirk W.
Total Recorder. I have accidently left it on for a couple days after a drunken 2am spinning bout and winded up with a couple gigabytes big file. It was still recording though. It lets you record to wave or mp3 also. Makes it very handy
tu_face
never tested it for that kind of length, but i use cool edit pro2.. might be worth a try? its a brilliant wave editing program, and in my experience one of the best and quickest mp3 encoders/decoders too.

although to be fair i've not used anything else for a couple of years... :p
Wildfir3
hard disk ogg

easy to use and stable as hell, u can record as long as u want etc etc
Freak
i have a sony NET MD minidisc walkman

Take it to work, plug it in , stick it on auto level and LP4 mode and it will go for ages.

I managed to record non stop from 9:30 -3am last saturday on one single 80 min minidisc and battery....:eyes:

Quality is fantastic too.
Briden
bah quality is not that good with MD, especially on LP4.

the compression does nasty things to the bass. Stick with computer, a really good card, a big HDD, and record right to wav to get the best quality.

if you can get 24/96, that's even better, but you also need more HDD space.
Freak
hey if you wanna come along to carry a Pc to record it, then be my guest.:rolleyes:

Quality is fine (yes i know minidiscs limitations and flaws) and considering it takes 2 seconds to plug in, takes up 0 space and isnt very expensive its a viable option for most people.
Dirk W.
Just bring a tape recorder, press record and set it near a speaker. Make sure to flip sides when appropriate. Glad I could help.
Freak
nar- a dictaphone would be better;)
Make sure you record through the in ear headphones too for maximum 'recorded in a bucket' effect
DjJade
the fat32 file system has a limit of 2^32 bytes which is 4gb.

Briden
quote:
Originally posted by Freak
hey if you wanna come along to carry a Pc to record it, then be my guest.:rolleyes:

Quality is fine (yes i know minidiscs limitations and flaws) and considering it takes 2 seconds to plug in, takes up 0 space and isnt very expensive its a viable option for most people.

yes, for in a club or event to record a live set, it does the trick, but in the bedroom, it's much better to just use a computer if you can.
tu_face
do ipods have a line in? i guess it would need encoding hardware but it would be cool as if it has!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement