return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
My Rane Empath is broke!
View this Thread in Original format
hooknife
Its true, its broke, and its only 1 1/2 months old!

!
ESMdjm600
holy wtf happened?!?!? i was seriousely considering getting this myself
hooknife
quote:
Originally posted by ESMdjm600
holy wtf happened?!?!? i was seriousely considering getting this myself

Here is the truth...It might have been this way since I bought it. I took 2 of the same records and matched them up at the same time and used the cross fader to go from one channel to the other. When I did this I noticed that one channel was a bit louder then the other. This really sucks because I bought the damn thing about 45 days ago and I bet the store is not going to just give me another one, instead, I bet I'm going to have to send my back to Rane to get it fixed.

btw...other then that the Empath kicks ass!
ESMdjm600
the channel gets louder than the other no matter wat? or is that just with the crossfader
las3rjock
Are you sure that it's not the records? I think it's possible that differences in temperature or other environmental factors could cause two copies of the same track to have different volume, and it'd be a whole lot better if it was a problem with the records instead of a problem with your mixer...
ESMdjm600
yea id hope its just the records...
Dervish
If it's the same records, it'll more likely be the carts or cart connections rather than "temprature variations" esp. given that both records are at the same temp.....

Easy way to check btw, just flip the carts and records around in a logical fashion to find out.

Btw how bad is the diff? Take it can be covered by the gains ok?
dj chex
dude that's almost the same problem i had w/ my empath last november. Instead of getting ahold of rane myself i gave the chore upon GC and they said they'll take care of it for me. Well let's just say i was without the mixer until around the 20th of january, and i found out it was in GC's possession for over 2 months. To make matters worse, nobody left any info about the problems so all rane was able to do was briefly test it and ship it back to me. :mad: Anyways the problem was a bad eq engage switch. And yes, i did get things taken care of. I just don't trust guitar center for helping with rma stuff anymore. Get ahold of Rane directly and expect to get it back usually around 5 days or less.
dj chex
If you guys are wondering, "is this rane a bad mixer?" the answer is no!!! Even though i had some minor problems w/ a switch, the rest of the mixer has worked like a charm. The beauty of rane being built and serviced in the usa is if you live here you can usually get ahold of the tech that's working on it and discuss any concerns/problems with it.
dj chex
did you check the gains using a line level source like a cd player as well?

jwear2004
Hmmm. I hope you reply back with some good news after you get it fixed or something, because I've been thinking about buying one at the end of the summer (after I strike it rich earning $7 an hour and working my ass off).
dj chex
Im sure rane will take care of you. They are one of those old-fashioned companys; Their not happy until your happy.

I wouldn't trade my empath for any other 3 channel mixer.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement