return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Reasonably Priced Quality Decks
View this Thread in Original format
zshev
Can you guys list me the names of some good quality decks that are not too expensive to buy new/nearly new?

Also some websites or stores where I might be able to get them at rock bottom prices :)
Prodigy Child
quote:
Originally posted by zshev
Can you guys list me the names of some good quality decks that are not too expensive to buy new/nearly new?

Also some websites or stores where I might be able to get them at rock bottom prices :)

The only thing I can recommend is looking for some good condition second hand Tech12s, thats what I go, there practically new, and I payed about $800 CDN for them, plus got an Ortofon Concorde with them aswell.
Kamikaze Badger
http://www.the-dj-equipment-guide.c...er-DJ-sets.html

Use 80B decks instead of 30B decks.
dj chex
still i think if your serious, buy a pair of used 1200s. That will save you loads of cash in the long run. As for cartridges, check out stanton 520sk. Cheap, durable, and good.
zshev
As much as I would like some Technics, the Stantons seem to be more in my league.

I take it a set of STR8-100's would be better/more powerful than STR8-80? Pardon my ignorance :conf:

Because I can get two new STR8-100's with 505sk's for £380 which is about $695. Is this a good deal?

Cheers
dj chex
str8-100s are not that bad of decks. i use to own one until it's pitch fader craped out on me. They sell new str8-100s here for $299 USD and i've seen them here on sale for $250USD ea. The torque is way better than a str8-80 and so is it's tonearm. Also i forgot about the cartridge. the prices i've listed are without cartridge. And 505sk here in the US sell for ~$35-$40 ea. So i guess the price you'll be paying w/ carts is not that bad considering everyone is complaning about how us americans get everything cheap. :) It's no 1200 but for just bedroom use or small parties it's fine. It also feels pretty simular to 1200s as well.

BTW. If you can get your hands on a st-100 or st-90 with the "s" arm, that may be a better choice if your not looking to scratch.
Ygrene
You might also take a look at the Numark TT500. I have seen it as low as $225. As far as I know it is the industry leader in torque with 5.0 kg/cm. It is basically the TTX without the digital features. In fact, I believe the TT500 has more torque than first series of TTX's (3.7 kg/cm).

You know what, I'll sell you my TT500 if you are interested. My other deck is a TTX and I must say that I dont necessarily like having two decks with two different torques (primarily for pitch bending reasons). $190 with all the original equipment, box, and manual. Only about 12 hours (and rising ;)) of use on the deck so far.

Or make an offer on the TTX too! I just want matching decks.
DR86
quote:
Originally posted by dj chex
BTW. If you can get your hands on a st-100 or st-90 with the "s" arm, that may be a better choice if your not looking to scratch.

yeah, the st8 series decks are made primarily for scratching, hence the straight tonearm. S-shaped arms are used more for just spinning, but can also be used for scratching
`pr0digy
quote:
Because I can get two new STR8-100's with 505sk's for £380 which is about $695. Is this a good deal?

I bought two used Tech's with carts for about the same price... Look on ebay mate ;)
raoel
These are very good decks, maybe even better then the techs....
A better price anyway!

Synq XTRM1
Omnitronic DD5250
Akiama DJ4000 Acura
AMDJ HTD4.5
Stanton STR8-150 ST150
Citronic PD45
Reloop RP6000MK5

They are all the same, only the Stanton's have some extra features like a "key function".

I don't know the prices in the UK.
In Holland about €400
In Germany about €350

tu_face
another deck to look at would be the vestax pdx2000. i have them and i love them! £600 a pair w/ 520sk carts, although they are bound to be much cheaper anywhere else in the world :p
subtledreamer
quote:

i was __ this close from buying a pair of TT200 (numark) for 300 USD shipped~ ive heard a lot of good things about them and personally, i think they look very sexcee. and even new, they only run for about 150 each (no cart and needle). their torque is great and im sure other people here who have these decks can tell you how good they are. :)

so i ended up with an MK2 and M3D instead. reason's cuz i found a great deal on ebay--228 USD for MK2 (WITH case, headshell, and slipmat), and m3d for 275 USD (WITH case, headshell & needle). no shipping, too, since they seller was only 20 miles from where i live.
while the mk2 isnt in the greatest condition (burned out stylus light and scratches all over the place), it works fine and well-worth the price.

i am not sure about other decks (such as the stantons others are talking about) so i cant say much about that~

anyway, i think that if you can afford to spend some time hunting for a good deal on used tech's, by all means GO FOR IT. if not, check out the TT200's (or maybe even TT500's) and the other decks that others are referring to.

good luck with your search! :cool:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement