return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Final Scratch fails in my book! MAC or PC won't save you...
View this Thread in Original format
DJ Cubano
Link:
CLICK HERE

I was spinning with it just fine. Then about 45 minutes into it the quality dropped to about 32kbps and started going nuts.

I've never been satisfied with this thing but I'm now 95% positive I'm dumping this piece of crap and going with the Rane version.

So anyways the link is on top just right click then save target as, or just plug it into winamp and stream it (Ctrl + L).

Pretty sad that it came down to this...

After almost a year and playing with every single update and version available. I bought new records, new needles, pc and mac, everything I could imagine. FS fails period.
_-MIl0
that suxs, considering iv heard some good things about it but oh well
LinX
thats really strange bc i have a few friends that own the software and have no problems with it.. try calling support maybe they can answer your questions, dont give up from what ive heard its a great piece of software
sandstorm03
look here
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...12&pagenumber=2
opianstate
quote:
Originally posted by LinX try calling support maybe they can answer your questions, dont give up from what ive heard its a great piece of software

support for FS is nonexistant. literally. they do not respond to any support requests. Myself as well as countless others have had this problem.
dj chex
yup finally someone decided to record a audio sample of final crash failing and craping out. I've experienced the same problems when i had final crash last december. I was glad GC was cool enough to let me return it for store credit and hence i bought another 1200 (you just can't have too many sl-1200s around btw)
dj chex
quote:
Originally posted by opianstate
support for FS is nonexistant. literally. they do not respond to any support requests. Myself as well as countless others have had this problem.

so true. i had a defective scratch amp and it took well over a month of bothering stanton/Native instruments until they gave me a RMA authorization.

Stanton!!!

that felt good :)
LinX
hmmm... scratch that idea i guess the only alternative is just to kill yourself
opianstate
seriously nothing but a headache. I just bought serato but havent had time to connect it yet, from what I've heard its so much better. A huge plus it at their forums there are Rane reps actually posting and such, dealing with the problems, which are few . . .
DJ Cubano
i test drove serato yesterday on a 17in 1.5ghz Powerbook. I have a few audio drops and a little pitch bending but nothing compared to the crap you get from final scratch.

I was talking to a guy who had a friend testing a beta version of some software like FS. But instead of having a card it uses a special kind of needle that sends the signal to the computer wirelessly. Kind of curious to see how that's going to play out.

I'm holding on to FS for the mean time till I can get some money to support my habit and buy more DJ equipment :tongue2 . If I had it my way I would just buy a CDJ-1000 MKII and screw this whole mess till they sort it out.

opianstate: if you decide to hook up your serato and play with it. Doing some serious testing on it, and long extended sets to see how well it works. Then PM me with your findings. I'm leaning towards serato right now :) .

auujay
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Cubano
opianstate: if you decide to hook up your serato and play with it. Doing some serious testing on it, and long extended sets to see how well it works. Then PM me with your findings. I'm leaning towards serato right now :) .

Don't PM him, post a thread. I am sure many people would like to hear some real reviews.
nrjizer
I still think software is bull. I don't like the idea of having all my tunes on one little hard disk. Laptops are easily stolen, dropped, crushed, etc. And this proves the software is unreliable.

For the price of a laptop and FS/rane software you can be close to 2 CDJ-1000 MK2's. Not only do you get the ease of carrying tunes around in cd wallets, you get all the effects and tricks that goes with the CDJ's. Just look at what zabiela does with them.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement