return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
a day in a professional mixing studio
View this Thread in Original format
Trancevision
I just wanted to share my experience when I came to a professional mixing studio some time ago.

I went there with my tune "Flight" in order to mix it properly for getting it on vinyl, which is something which seems difficult to achieve at my home. For getting used to the sound of the professional monitor system of the studio I took lots of my favourite tracks with me to listen.
Some Kai Tracid tracks, Airbase's Genie, and other tunes from cosmic gate, dumonde and so onwhich I have both from Audio CDs and from mp3 format. What I got to listen on this huge 8.000 Euro audio system:

- Kai Tracid sounds awesome mixed. Every single sounds has so much brilliance and phatness placed properly. Just wonderful.

- Next thing was comparing Airbase with some tunes from"Above and Beyond". Although I like Airbase more than A&B, you really can hear the difference what quality loss Reason does to music.

- Comparing the MP3 and the CD from "Dumonde - Never look back" .
Although the mp3 was in 256kbit, you still could hear a difference to the audio CD. ( This is for the people who claim there would be no audible differnce at a mp3 of 192kbit and above. )

- Atfer about one hour my own track "Flight" was mixed properly, especially the bassline has lots of punch and all instruments are well placed in the mix now. ( sample to come soon ) :gsmile:

I 'll go there for a second time I guess :toocool:

Trancevision
Stephenox
Sounds like fun. =) Please show us a sample (at least). ;-)
FuzzyGreen
Right on! I just hope my home studio with monitors is somewhat close to that experience.
acell
quote:
Originally posted by FuzzyGreen
Right on! I just hope my home studio with monitors is somewhat close to that experience.

if you home studio is worth 8,000 EURO then you'd be close ;)

would love to hear a sample TV
ze7
Interesting.

So basically producing in FL or Reason,no matter how good you are,you'll always be 1 step below hardware in terms of quality?I don't know anyone as good as airbase who uses soft synths,so i was just wondering about that.
Massive84
quote:
Originally posted by ze7
Interesting.

So basically producing in FL or Reason,no matter how good you are,you'll always be 1 step below hardware in terms of quality?I don't know anyone as good as airbase who uses soft synths,so i was just wondering about that.

mk-s? and many TA producers here.

questions, what does quality of sound have to do anything with the tune it self?

you can have the best quality and still make the crapiest tunes.
SgtFoo
Quality of the tune surpasses quality of the sound... however, with today's industry ... they gotta go hand-in-hand.

If you can get the same or better acoustical treatment to your own place and get REAL PRO QUALITY monitoring speakers...you can do anything a big-time studio can do... it has to do with how well you know how to engineer your tracks, rather than simply create them.
The digital age continues to rise in quality and because computer technology is progressively more accessible and cheaper, a single computer with the right software and hardware attached, can become an entire studio in itself, given the appropriate environment.

a segment of proof::: Prodigy's latest upcoming album "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned" is being made ALOT in Reason.
..also.. several pro trance artists use FL Studio for MIDI arrangement and some synthesis.

Hey Trancevision... what are you getting done? mixing only? or mastering as well?? and who's doing it? you ? or a hired engineer?
LinX
quote:
Originally posted by ze7
I don't know anyone as good as airbase who uses soft synths,so i was just wondering about that.

yeah i was thinkin the same too
thecYrus
yeah, right! there are much more top quality producers which use reason than you're thinking ;)

e.g endre who is signed to anjunabeats!
Tranc3
quote:
Originally posted by ze7
Interesting.

Ahh, no. Fruity has (as far as I know) no known acoustical shortcomings, whereas Reason does. It's not about software sounding tier than hardware or anything like that, it's about Reason degrading the sound quality for increased CPU efficiency.

Sebraa
quote:
Originally posted by Trancevision
- Next thing was comparing Airbase with some tunes from"Above and Beyond". Although I like Airbase more than A&B, you really can hear the difference what quality loss Reason does to music.

Trancevision

I think REASON need advanced EQ and the problems will solved ;)
Maybe not!

--
Sebraa
h.vox
quote:
Originally posted by Sebraa
I think REASON need advanced EQ and the problems will solved ;)
Maybe not!

and compressor. and reverb. and a better sound engine which drives it all. etc. :toothless
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement