return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Prodigy and Reason - if this is no fake
View this Thread in Original format
Trancevision
you remember the announcement when you could read on the props website: PRODIGY uses REASON ?

on

http://www.theprodigy.nl/ , a prodigy fan website they gave one of the album tracks ( and they used Reason believing to their announcement )

for free download in 320 Kb mp3 !

http://www.theprodigy.nl/index_best...digy-Girls.mp3.

If

(1) this is an authentic prodigy track
(2) made with Reason
(3) this track has reached its final stadium of quality

then...

Listen and judge yourself. We have 2004 now. What do YOU think about sound quality. Can this be Prodigy Phatness ?

Trancevision
Massive84
i don't get it why you still bashing reason :rolleyes:

and the link don't work

i don't care about your facts, coz mines are mk-s, areodrome etc.. people that use reason ONLY are signed ..

so who cares?
Mr.Mystery
Use a bit of common sense, will you.

Prodigy has been doing the album for years, not giving away anything and now they'd just give track out for free from some fansite?

Jeez... :rolleyes:
Tom_cowan
To be honest the amount of people who use reason and r signed just goes how to show how quality shouldnt be so much of an issue. If a tunes good it dont matter if its quality isnt quite up to scratch and its in mp3 format, its still gonna sound good. And if a tunes average it dont matter if its in 96KHz sample rate or its in 32 bit its still gonna be average. Get over it, dont get stuck on quality, its important but not that much. Unless your a hifi geek, n there geeks so em :D.
josh
Agreed with all of you. Overall, its the tune and melody that matter alot. It will be never ending of talking about sound quality and who used what. Main thing is, artistes that been signed and get famous are free to use any of the program which mean that the fans will still be listening to them no matter what they had used.

My 2cents :)
Trancevision
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Use a bit of common sense, will you.

Prodigy has been doing the album for years, not giving away anything and now they'd just give track out for free from some fansite?

Jeez... :rolleyes:

Perhaps new way of internet marketing. Give one track away for free, why not ? :D

Girls was already played on ID&T radio, you can search at google typing "new prodigy single girls" and even find infos about it on the forum of their offical website.
/I\
lmao ... each instrument within reason has two modes with them being high quality and low quality sound to free up some cpu resources. My advice is to stop reading dodgy reviews were the reviewer cant be arsed enough to find out that such a mode exists in the first place :D
Veverka
I agree with trancevision. When it comes to sound quality, Reason can't compete with programs like Cubase, Logic or Pro Tools. But these programs cost at least twice as much, so it would be more of a surprise if reason could compete with them. Reason is good bang for the bucks, but when it comes to absolute sound quality, you should seek it elsewhere.

Also keep in mind that Cubase with a soundblaster card and average plug-ins still isn't that much better than reason. You need a good soundcard and good plug-ins (and good monitors) to get the max out of it.

And ppl that doesn't hear the difference in sound quality between tracks released with reason and recent tracks made by ppl like Junkie XL, Tiësto and Ferry Corsten (all having a real high-end studio) are either deaf or monitoring on some sucky hifi set (and even on sucky hifi sets I hear difference).
Tom_cowan
quote:
And ppl that doesn't hear the difference in sound quality between tracks released with reason and recent tracks made by ppl like Junkie XL, Tiësto and Ferry Corsten (all having a real high-end studio) are either deaf or monitoring on some sucky hifi set (and even on sucky hifi sets I hear difference).

If thats the case then what about mp3s? and listening to tunes on the radio? Both have a bandwidth of upto 15-16khz. You can notice it but it still doesnt take anything away from the tune i dont think. Its almost snobbery to be that bothered by it. Iv spoken to people which even claim they can hear the transistor switching noise in high quality hifis, i mean who cares. Quality is a gradient, drawing a hard line saying one thing is high quality and one thing low quality does not make sense. If you actually look into it you'l find how compromised cd quality is and all the problems ascociated with it(dithering, the introducton of noise, aliasing etc.), but its very hard for the human hear to notice these slight differences. Then theres vinyl, a format which has been around for so long and by playing a record for the first time quality is instantly reduced. Quality is important but only to the point where a reduced quality is to noticable to the average listener.
UltraWave
reason can do enything that cubase logic or pro tools can....its

just the export that sucks!

so rewire and export in cubase.....

Veverka
quote:
reason can do enything that cubase logic or pro tools can....

Really? Please show me the 32 bits floating point processing, good effects, above average sequencer, external MIDI support, notation function and most important: VSTi and VST fx plugins host.

Guess I overlooked some things.
Veverka
quote:
If thats the case then what about mp3s? and listening to tunes on the radio? Both have a bandwidth of upto 15-16khz. You can notice it but it still doesnt take anything away from the tune i dont think. Its almost snobbery to be that bothered by it. Iv spoken to people which even claim they can hear the transistor switching noise in high quality hifis, i mean who cares. Quality is a gradient, drawing a hard line saying one thing is high quality and one thing low quality does not make sense. If you actually look into it you'l find how compromised cd quality is and all the problems ascociated with it(dithering, the introducton of noise, aliasing etc.), but its very hard for the human hear to notice these slight differences. Then theres vinyl, a format which has been around for so long and by playing a record for the first time quality is instantly reduced. Quality is important but only to the point where a reduced quality is to noticable to the average listener.
The difference between a pure reason produced song and a song out of a high-end top studio is much bigger than the difference between 192kbs mp3 and raw wave files (or the difference between vinyl and CD). You got a point that the average listener doesn't care about a little less quality, but there are also many not-that-avarage listeners. I also think that a producer doesn't want his music to have a little less quality, whether the average listener cares or not.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement