return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
Above and Beyond bass sound?
View this Thread in Original format
phreneticangel
Does any know how to create a bass sound similar to that used by Above and Beyond?
Sean Walsh
They use a lot of different types of basslines dude. Give a specific track.
phreneticangel
i'm not looking for the bassline, just their typical sound, like on their oceanlab tracks
DeZmA
quote:
Originally posted by phreneticangel
i'm not looking for the bassline, just their typical sound, like on their oceanlab tracks

I think I read somewhere they use ES2 for basslines, which is possible indeed, it's very capable of good basslines.
phreneticangel
i know they create most of their bass sounds from the es2, but running a pc i can't use the es2. i'm just looking to produce a similar sound using my pc and would appreciate some help with it.
DeZmA
es2 is just subtractive with some fm implementation like on most virtual analogs so you should be able to create a simular bass on most of the popoular plugins featuring subtractive synthesis like pro 53, v-station, ...
kaymak
I use logic and wouldnt mind knowing how to make those es2 bases,
phreneticangel
i want to know how to create the sound using the synths, not what synths to use
Massive84
sample pls..

usually a bass comes from a saw waveform. and sine for low frequencie bass(but those you usually don't hear i think)
Etherium
This is really a case of "it's not the synth, it's what you do with it" philosophy. A&B indeed use ES2 for a lot of their basslines, but for WIFLFAG, they used a Virus. I have a feeling a lot of the crispiness of their basslines comes from Logic's rendering engine, but it's just speculation.

Tranc3
http://www.anjunabeats.co.uk/forum2...542&hl=bassline
alanzo
also try this one.. there is a GREAT tip on basslines from Goldenscan..

http://www.audiopioneers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=167
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement