return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
Trance Kick Tutorial
View this Thread in Original format
djkoso
Hi everyone.

I created "trance kick" with tutorial from www.tranceproduction.com

I read article technique "Introduction to Creating the Trance Kick" by GrooveMerchant.

and i have a question.

This kick is good ? or bad ?

if is bad, what i must change...

Download Kick:

Arcado_Kick.wav (70kb)

and This is image from Cool Edit of this Kick.

thx a lot.
Sirocco
this kick is not bad but it sounds in a word hollow.

u can beef up the mids and lows (mids more though) to get that stompness (if thats a word)

theres also a little bit of fuzz/noise u can use a noise reduction plugin likes bias soundsoap or waves-xnoise to rid them of that. if u want me to help u with this particular kick with my set of osund design tools and send it back to you, let me know in a reply. thanks!

-GrooveMerchant
Sirocco
also as u can see on the cool edit pic, at the start of the waveform it dips low for a second, u want to avoid this at all costs...it should be consistent throughout and have a semi gradual but natural sounding fadeout.
djkoso
Hi Sirocco.

hmmm looks this kick's

Arcado_Kick 2

Arcado_Kick_3

Arcado_Kick_4
Neeldan
Czesc Koso ;)
I've got no headphones allready so I can't check your kicks but I will do that soon and I will tell you something about your kicks.

Trzymaj sie ;)
Sirocco
quote:
Originally posted by djkoso
Hi Sirocco.

hmmm looks this kick's

Arcado_Kick 2

Arcado_Kick_3

Arcado_Kick_4

the first 2 lack mid and low prescne and have extreme high, maybe you are overcompensating? the 3rd is heavily distorted and would ruin the flow of a track/. let me take ur first kick and edit it and ill post it in here a few minutes

-thanks, GrooveMerchant
Sirocco
Download Kick By Groove Merchant(120 KB)
Neeldan
Aracado Kick is nice but the rest is to weak for me. 4arcado by Groove is...hmmmmm...too high ? ;)
djkoso
sorry i eat some food ;-)

Arcado_Kick1_Remaked

i think its okey now.

Hi Neeldan :-)
DeZmA
sounds really bad to me :(
the by groove kick is a bit better
What's the point about layering 3 kicks anyway, just take a decent kick from the first time.

Sirocco
quote:
Originally posted by DeZmA
sounds really bad to me :(
the by groove kick is a bit better
What's the point about layering 3 kicks anyway, just take a decent kick from the first time.

why just use 1 kick when u can take 3 elememts where those certian element son kicks shine. sorry u dont need to follow the article
Neeldan
The Kicks can be created in Cool Edit from basics or remaked ?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement