return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

is amplifier a must?
View this Thread in Original format
tranceaholic
well i am buying my setup soon..a mixer and cd decks just something to get into with..anyways i already have a stereo system at home so i am going to take those speakers now do i have to buy an amplifier too?

also do all mixers connect to my pc?
smoorhs
just make sure the mixer has RCA or digital outputs (spdif). And make sure your sound card has those inputs (get an Audigy 2).
tranceaholic
quote:
Originally posted by smoorhs
just make sure the mixer has RCA or digital outputs (spdif). And make sure your sound card has those inputs (get an Audigy 2).

how bout the amplifier? is it a must to buy one or can i connect the speakers straight to the mixer?
moondog
do you not have a main unit for the speakers with a phono input on the back, if so, just plug the master out from the mixer into that, and set the stereo to Aux/line in channel, and it should work. Thats what i'm doing for now:)
tranceaholic
quote:
Originally posted by moondog
do you not have a main unit for the speakers with a phono input on the back, if so, just plug the master out from the mixer into that, and set the stereo to Aux/line in channel, and it should work. Thats what i'm doing for now:)

ecellent..will try that when i get the equipment
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement