return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Mixer Help!
View this Thread in Original format
lucasp_10
just bought a really cheap vibes mixer (really crap i know) :P , but thats all i can afford.......there is a headphone jack, but it just seems to play whateva is coming out of the speakers....so u cant match the pitch of the next song.....ive been trying to work out how to get the headphones to play on a seperate channel for hours.....has anybody got any ideas on how i can get it to work?

many thanks
lucasp_10
i think its jsut a cheap crappy mixer adn it doesnt support this....:whip: :mad: :(
tu_face
usually if there is a cue functoin on a mixer, there are little buttons or switches for each channel, to select it for cueing. sometimes, 2 channel mixers just have a little x-fader near the headfone controls to slide between each track. if it doesn't have any of these, you're screwed :p
sleepydragon
U should have a fader for ur headphones to go between channel 1 and 2 in ur headphones.
Even if it didnt have one it doesnt matter most people dont even used it. I cant really see what the problem is if ur having trouble mixing just turn the bass up of the track coming in so u can tell which track is which then put it back down when u bring the track in the master output thats what i do. I very rarely use the headphone cue even though it is stupid not having one u will need it eventually for something
Mr.Mystery
quote:
Originally posted by sleepydragon
u should have a fader for ur headphones to go between channel 1 and 2 in ur headphones.
even if it didnt have one it doesnt matter most people dont even used it i cant really see what the problem is if ur having trouble mixing just turn the bass up of the track coming in so u can tell which track is which then put it back down when u bring the track in the master output thats what i do i very rarely use the headphone cue
even though it is stupid not having one u will need it eventually for something

Holy , what a sentence :eyes:
sleepydragon
:haha: ive been told before
i might correct it
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement