return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Speaker and Amp Question
View this Thread in Original format
DjArTiN!
I'm going to buy 2 Gemini GT1002 speakers, and I was wondering what kind of amplifiers to get. Does the amplifier have to have the same amount of watts as the speakers? For example, my speakers are 300 watts each (totaling 600 watts). Does that mean I have to get an amp that has 600 watts?

-Artin
Tiger777
Then I suggest you buy an amp in the range of 550 to 650 watts. I wouldn't go over the 650 watts, 'cuz when you start clipping(and no matter how hard you try not to, it'll happen) your speakers could get damaged.

I've looked up your GT-1002 speakers and it seems they're 90Watts (RMS) each on 8 Ohms. The 8 Ohms is also important factor to determine the amp you want to get. 90Watts on 8 Ohms will have higher voltages than 90 Watts on 4 Ohms, anyway, I'll save you the technical details.

My suggestion for an amp would be the "Gemini X-1". It's in about the same bugget class as your speakers. It gives 2 X 85Watts @ 8 Ohms.
DjArTiN!
Thanks Alot. Appreciate it a whole lot.

-Artin
Tiger777
no problem ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement