return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Listening to mixes.
View this Thread in Original format
Kakoroto
Do you like listening to a mix from beginning to end or do you like skipping around listening to all your favorite songs first? For me I think it ruins the atmosphere if I skip around from song to song and just makes the mix seem incomplete everytime I listen. So I usually start at the beginning and let it run all the way through unless it isnt mixed at all.

BTW anyone find it difficult to remember song titles of songs youve heard so many times but just cant nail down. I find it hard to me for some reason especially on burned CD's where you dont know what # the song is, unless you get each individual one.
Steve Stephano
Yeh I like to fully listen to a mix, even if I just want to hear it for just one song in particular, though can always depend on the mix and whatever time I have available at the moment.

What I find more difficult... no matter how many times I listen to some of my vinyl I can't remember what they sound like!!
nickpdx
I always listen to the complete mix so I know the contents. If I listen at a later date I might skip around...:)
Kakoroto
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Stephano
What I find more difficult... no matter how many times I listen to some of my vinyl I can't remember what they sound like!!

Yea, ive got a big problem with that also, but as soon as the song comes on its just like, oh yea this...
[PCO]sigmanova
i prefer to listen to a mix straight through, but only when the mix itself is a combination of both great tracks, great mixing, and overall great mood. i tend to skip over tracks that i feel don't feel right in a mix...but anyway that's how i am :)
Subey
My mix habit is a little different.

I download a set from the Dj forum everyday. And then at night around 12:30 I play it in the dark while I lie in bed.

Most of the time I have no idea what to expect, but its always an interesting journey.

Gonna be listening to Max Thompson - Sweet and Sour mix tonite!
Plastick
Of course from the beginning to end. That's what MIXES for. The only time when i tend to skip thru is when i want to roughly know the overall 'style' of the set, not skipping to the tracks i like.

But i have to admit that i used to skip to the tracks in a set i like ALOT when i was, teh n00b.
idoru
I listen to mixes in their entirety at least once. When I listen to it at a later date, I will listen to the majority of it. When/if I do skip around, it's usually to hear a great transition, or to jump right to a series of three or four tracks that flow really well.
DjEuphoria
I usually listen from start to finish. But if I find the mix not good when listening for like the first 10 mins, then I just skip around and see if it gets better.
cosmicstar
I listen to the full mix.

tu_face
i always listen to the full mix. it kind of destroys the whole point of the set if you skip about all over the place..

sometimes i might start it form a certain place, but i will always let it play from there to the end.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement