return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Anyone ever lose their motivation?
View this Thread in Original format
sym
I really haven't gotten to mix the last few weeks since I been workin and when i'm off I just don't feel in the mood. It's a shame caus' I got a bunch of new tracks and a tracklist for a new mix, I just can't really find the energy to put into it.

Anyone else ever get stuck like this?
dinoXpress
once in a blue moon
dukes
everyone gets anoyed at what they are doing at some point... its only happened to me once. i fixed it by going back and listening to the reasons i love djing. that brought it back pretty quick :)
DannyO
I hear ya, but for me its because of just mixing tracks back and forth is boring, so I don't get involved with the music, so my track selection and beatmatching suffer, I need something to keep me on the edge, busy and having fun, the features on the X1500 help, but only so much, so I plan to get the following with the next few months.

CDJ1000
EFX1000
Midi Keyboard
Midi Controller
Midi Sync Controller
Afew other things

Run all these using Ableton, I'm sure I'll be loving DJing again.
Boomer187
usually i just order new records to curb my motivation problem. or just play in front of people who enjoy your music.
DannyO
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
usually i just order new records to curb my motivation problem. or just play in front of people who enjoy your music.

Yea when playing to people I'm fine, but when in my bedroom theres only so many times I can happily DJ to the 2 chick posters on my wall.
D-res
my mixer died and i have no cash so im screwed :(
Zild
Sometimes i'll lose the motivation to mix for awhile but its because I have other instruments that I need to practice. I do practice my scratch almost daily.
Exodus17
if i lose motivation ill just go and mix a diff genre.. like DnB...

:disbelief
dcougar99
I lost it for about a year... my bi-weekly residency closed due to roof collapse! damn it was nice to spin for people but after that I had 0 gigs... not another place around my area that even thinks of playin EDM. to many clubs got shut down in the late 90's cuz drugs etc. But just now i am working back into it. i do need to have a few beers or something or i just get pissed that no ones around.:whip:

beats and beeps
Yeah, my Pcv275 has been in for reapair for what must be 2-3 months now? That will kill your motivation for sure. :( It will probably start up again when I get my mixer back I guess...

Oh yeah, and Danny, do you know how much the efx1000 will go for in canadian dollars? I actually might consider getting one...
DannyO
quote:
Originally posted by beats and beeps
Oh yeah, and Danny, do you know how much the efx1000 will go for in canadian dollars? I actually might consider getting one...

I don't know yet, but judging from the US price, I'd say about $1000, $1100 CDN TOPS.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement