return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Allen and heath Xone 92 MIDI question...
View this Thread in Original format
zizack
I feel stupid askign this question, because I own the mixer and shoudl know the answer. but I can't for the life of me find my manual, and I really don't feel like registering with the Xone forums to ask one question.

I've always wondered if this was possible, and have never gotten a straight answer...Can you use the Xone: 92 as a MIDI controller? It has a MIDI button in the top corner, and a knob as well. I want to use it to control fx parameters in FL5, and don't knwo if its even possible. Thanks.
zizack
here's a picture of the buttons...top right....as well as the connectors in the back...it has a MIDI out, no MIDI in...

Soundwerks
I beleive that with the XONE:92, when you press the MIDI button, it will send a MIDI CLOCK CODE to your external MIDI devices or programs. This will allow you to sync your MIDI music/devices with the BPM of your track (or whatever you tap in).

I think the x-fader also becomes a MIDI controller as well.

On my ECLER NUO5, it sends out a simple CLOCK code. On the new ECLER NUO4, the mixer becomes an hybrid MIDI controller/DJ mixer.

I guess you can check your manual for more details
zizack
ok, so you can't assign the software functions to all the knobs and faders then? I just read through the manual online, and they give very vague explanations.
keithos27
quote:
Originally posted by zizack
but I can't for the life of me find my manual, and I really don't feel like registering with the Xone forums to

http://www.xone.co.uk/xone92_ap5345_1.pdf
Soundwerks
nope....only the DATA button, and the start/stop and the x-fader.

Actually, if you look closely at that jpeg, there are little MIDI port drawings near the MIDI data and start/stop buttons. But there are also other ones near the LFO FREQ knobs near the x-fader...so it seems that those are MIDI controllers as well.

Try it out! plug it into something, and see it if works.
zizack
thanks for the replies. From what I gather from the online manual and what you guys are saying, the 92's MIDI capabilities only send MIDI information to another controller...like BPM. You can't use it as a full on MIDI controller though. Thanks.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement