return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Haven't posted in a while but....
View this Thread in Original format
Teraform
Just order myself a couple of Numark TT200's and a Behringer DX1000 with a couple of Shure VM447 Carts... just wondering what you guys and girls think of this... just for a starter set... got the mixer for a good price too $175 Canadian. the guys that were selling me this stuff says that for a beginner like myself the mixer should last a few years, i give it a year. they also said that the Tables were good and sturdy so i don't know.. i have made the commitment so just wondering what you guys think of that..

Peace
dinoXpress
quote:
Originally posted by Teraform
Just order myself a couple of Numark TT200's and a Behringer DX1000 with a couple of Shure VM447 Carts... just wondering what you guys and girls think of this... just for a starter set... got the mixer for a good price too $175 Canadian. the guys that were selling me this stuff says that for a beginner like myself the mixer should last a few years, i give it a year. they also said that the Tables were good and sturdy so i don't know.. i have made the commitment so just wondering what you guys think of that..

Peace

un sorry, you just wasted your money and ull be lukcy i that mixer lasts half a year without the faders cracking etc,

you should have bought the tt500s... 100X better, ive used both side by side.

or techs.
visje
dont you love the people who say you should get techs :o and almost not knowing there are better tables out there which are cheaper:o
Timski
quote:
Originally posted by visje
dont you love the people who say you should get techs :o and almost not knowing there are better tables out there which are cheaper:o

hehe nice one :happy2:
dartman
Teraform, congrats on you're new set up. now all you need to do is drain whatevers left in your bank account and buy some records. welcome to the dark side.
spiralhelix
i think your set up is just fine. When the time comes that u're good enough to appreciate the better gear, u'll have better skills from using the lower end stuff - u'll still win in the end. Plus the re-sale value of those TT-200's aren't too bad (well, at least here in japan, dunno about canada). Congrats!
dinoXpress
quote:

are you ing retarded?

i ing go on about the 500s all day long. i am by no means a technic guy. i own the 500s and would never look back. but the experience one can gain from using techs is invaluable. they are in EVERY club. (nearly)

they are solid as hell, a beefy proven turntable. no other table is as proven over the long terms as the techs.

please off and read what i was trying to say
Audigy7
I think you'll be quite happy with your new setup. I own the 200's also and have been quite pleased with them. I also have Behringer mixer, the VMX-300, and it has surpised me. It's a fine litle mixer, well worth the $170 I spent on it. I've had none of the problems everyone else bitchs about with Behringer mixers.
visje
im not ing retarded as what im saying is completely true.

I agree technics are reliable but other than that theyre still based on technology 15 years old. there havent been much changes in the m3d or the mk5.
The so called "super OEM tables" such as the Stanton ST-150, Reloop RP 6000 or the Synq Xtrm-1 are better than techs performance wise. They have not proven them selves to be reliable or a workhorse or whatever people call techs because they werent released 30 years ago.

its just the fact that alot of people think that everything but techs suck.

i was just referring to your last sentence "get techs"
Dervish
quote:

I agree technics are reliable but other than that theyre still based on technology 15 years old. there havent been much changes in the m3d or the mk5.
The so called "super OEM tables" such as the Stanton ST-150, Reloop RP 6000 or the Synq Xtrm-1 are better than techs performance wise. They have not proven them selves to be reliable or a workhorse or whatever people call techs because they werent released 30 years ago.

I agree with you on the "everything else is only techs" thing I hate people like that too.

But I think all thouse decks are based on the Stanton one. And a high power motor doesn't make a deck.

Should give new decks a chance yeah, but only use them if they are worth it. I'd actually argue that most decks are useable for our kinda djing(no scratching mostly), obviously being able to play on techs specificly needs to be something you can do. But aside from the really stuff the deck your playing on shouldn't be as much of an issue as everyone makes out. Getting used to techs takes seconds from any decent deck (tho I read on here some people comming from TTX1's had issues with it).

How long the deck is going to last without bits comming off is an issue though, since they arn't cheap.

I've not tried them but I'm thinking of getting 500's

Anyway I have a set of TT100's just now think the 200's are ment to be similar in terms of quality. Worked fine for me, not busted atall and I don't look after them especially well really. Should be perfect.

dinoXpress
quote:

Then read the entire post before making useless replies.
Psiweaver
I love the stantons i have the st150's they have a very strong motor rock solid build quality excellent pitch faders and great sound quality. They are a pleasure to mix on espeically after coming from some really cheap numarks theres no problem mixing on cheaper tables just make sure you mix on one thats pitch stays even.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement