return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Problem with Shure M44G Cartridge
View this Thread in Original format
A.J.
Hey guys, i thought i would start a thread about a problem i am having with my Shure M44G Cartridge cos it is really pissing me off!
:mad: :whip: :mad: :whip:

Ever since i bought it, I have had a constant problem that has prevented me from using it, and I think that it may be faulty.
I have tried to fix the problem numerous times but nothing seems to work. The problem is that the cartridge only plays sound out of one side - only on the left side, and not the right side. Basically, it is only playing in mono from one side rather than full stereo sound.

At first I thought something went wrong when I attached the wires to the new cartridge. I have bought and tried four (4) sets of BRAND NEW Shure wires to try and fix this problem, but it still only plays sound in the left side of the channel rather than full stereo sound. I am quite certain that the wires are not the cause of the problem, because even after I have carefully attached brand new wires taking care not to bend them, I still get the same sound problem.

I know that it is not a problem with my turntables, because I bought two new Shure M44-G cartridges at the same time, and the other cartridge that I have works perfectly on both turntables. I also know it is not a problem with my mixer because, like I said before, my other Shure M44G cartridge works perfectly from both channels.

I also bought a brand new Technics headshell when I suspected that may be the problem, but once again, i still have the same sound problem with the M44G cartridge.

I understand that there is a one year warranty on this product from the date of purchase? Hopefully I can get the cartridge repaired or replaced. :p I tried emailing Shure directly a few days ago but I haven't had any response.

I really hope I can get this sorted out soon. :sadgreen:
Vlad
Have you had this problem before with any other carts? or is this the first time youre using a turntable with carts?

Check the settings on your mixer. Make sure youre using the phono input, and as well the phono switch on the mixer on.

If thats not the case, it would either been the stylus or a faulty cartridge.
A.J.
Like I said, my other Shure M44G that i have works fine on both turntables, on both channels of the mixer. I have it on all the right settings and everything, so it's obviously something to do with the cartridge itself.

The cartridge is brand new (apart from testing it a few times to see if it works :( ), so i think it is faulty.
Vlad
quote:
Originally posted by A.J.
Like I said, my other Shure M44G that i have works fine on both turntables, on both channels of the mixer. I have it on all the right settings and everything, so it's obviously something to do with the cartridge itself.

The cartridge is brand new (apart from testing it a few times to see if it works :( ), so i think it is faulty.

Contact Shure and see what they suggest, most likely they will tell you to bring it back to the store and exchange it.
DJ 00 Tommy
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
Contact Shure and see what they suggest, most likely they will tell you to bring it back to the store and exchange it.

Shure are actualy very very strict on their return policy and i wish you luck on getting it checked out/repaired/exchange.
A.J.
It's all good :D

I sent an email to the shop where I bought it (Store DJ) and they have agreed to replace it, even though they basically have no chance of returning it. Apparently, Shure rarely exchanges stuff once it has been in the customer's hands for more than a week. I guess i was pretty slow at attending to this problem :p

I have bought a few thousand dollars worth of stuff from that shop in the past though, so it is a nice way to treat a loyal customer.

;)

http://www.storedj.com.au
http://www.vinylwarning.com.au

Great shops!
DJ 00 Tommy
Thats where i got mine aswell.
Gotta love VW
nickname
same thing happened to one of mine a couple times and after messing around with the wires i got it work again. i bought them second hand so i couldn't return them. i thought it was just mine but i guess not
billneedlz
We at Shure have a very GOOD customer service and product repair policy. If the product is under warranty, it can be returned/repaired. What most often happens, is that dealers do not want to deal with the return process and blame Shure as being the problem, which is not true. If you contact the Shure Service directly, we will more than happily take care of you, if it is in fact a default of the product, and not user error.

Hope this was some what helpful.
Respex,
_bill needlz
Sales, Marketing, & Product Manager - Dj Products
Dj & Hip-Hop Artist Relations
Shure Incorporated
Zild
I've had a few faulty stylii that Shure has replaced for me. Never a whole cart though because just the stylus was bad.

Abhay
THe turntables i use, aren't brand new...

wat the hell do u guys mean by cartridge????

i don't know any of this sort of stuff like "weight".....

but it all works, and that's what i really care about.

:D
Abhay
quote:
Originally posted by billneedlz
We at Shure have a very GOOD customer service and product repair policy. If the product is under warranty, it can be returned/repaired. What most often happens, is that dealers do not want to deal with the return process and blame Shure as being the problem, which is not true. If you contact the Shure Service directly, we will more than happily take care of you, if it is in fact a default of the product, and not user error.

Hope this was some what helpful.
Respex,
_bill needlz
Sales, Marketing, & Product Manager - Dj Products
Dj & Hip-Hop Artist Relations
Shure Incorporated

heh

:p

next cartridge i buy will be a shure
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement