return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Canada - Western Canada

Pages: [1] 2 3 
More proof that TA's don't matter!!!
View this Thread in Original format
The_Rock
You know, I haven't been around these parts for too long, but I have taken notice of things, escpially the ability to express my anger...
So I find out today that Release, feat Cosmic Gate planned for November 12, Vancouver, is now CANCELLED!

Where the is our notice??? Way to go promoters! I've been stoked about this party for a month now and already got my ticket! I heard that it was cancelled over a week ago????????

I'm soooo happy to see that promoters actually care about TA and the people who use this as thier only source of info. All you've done on TA is remove your post. Fan-friggin-tastic!

To all those promoters who were planning on puting on Release...
GET YOUR TOGETHER :whip: :whip: :whip: NO WONDER YOUR GETS CANCELLED! You're response would be greatly appreciated... actually, it won't make a difference anymore :rolleyes:

sorry, but I'm friggin pissed.
Tony Morello
i wouldn't use TA for your prime source of local info

i'm sure there are boards around that cater to a more vancouver crowd
form and kaos comes to mind www.fnk.ca
eye_03
this is my source.. rarely i check others like fnk or nwteckno
apri_peel
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Morello
i wouldn't use TA for your prime source of local info

i'm sure there are boards around that cater to a more vancouver crowd
form and kaos comes to mind www.fnk.ca

actually TA used to be good for info on trance parties. fnk is geared more towards the party crowd in general. they have lots of house, breaks, hip hop, dnb events while TA is mostly geared at trance, or that was the original idea anyways.

the reason release was cancelled is far beyond what the promoters could have done. i'm not associated with the promoters but what i've heard was that riverside has changed their policy or something so no more raves at riverside, ever. that leaves vancouver with PNE and maritime for massives. quite ty and very sad.

im not sure why there was not announcement on TA. its unfortunate we were overlooked. recently i've gotten used to having to check fnk and cv for events in addition to TA, especially if its an event i'll be attending.
AquaYak
i found out about this cancelled party 14 days ago, and in our events thread, there is a change of venue/ change of event info warning, and has been for 14 days. Any tickets you bought will be refunded, i hear. They better, be , i bought 5. THe reason for the cancellation was not a ticket sales or money issue... the city of vancouver refused to give out any more all-night event permits this year. The company i heard is tryign to change venues or reschedule- if this happens it will likly be a club show.
apri_peel
oh, just for this year, my bad :p
i understood as indefinitly
DjCommisad
quote:
Originally posted by apri_peel
oh, just for this year, my bad :p
i understood as indefinitly

does it matter? im surprised the government hasn't thrown on extra taxes and then allowed more permits to reap their cash vaults for more drunken trips to hawaii.
Mortyman
Regardless the fact the government didn't get them the permit, I believe the real question at hand was why didn't we know about it?

Why wasn't it announced on here :mad:
Tayfoon
Probably forgot about it

theres maybe like 10 Ta's here who go to these parties anyway, no big deal for the promoters
krysx25
fawk!

I'm not even gonna get started on this .. you know where
it will end up .. so I'm just gonna do nothing and hope
that all the best happens!

:p

Mortyman
quote:
Originally posted by Tayfoon
theres maybe like 10 Ta's here who go to these parties anyway,

That you know of
dc ajaxs
quote:
Originally posted by Mortyman
That you know of

i bet there are a lot of lurkers out there that don't post. the other thing is that we have to premote trance addict for new people to start posting. TA will remain a good point to talk about the scene one way or another.

Go TA :) :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement