return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

Pages: [1] 2 
Jacob and Mendez_Moondust (DJMko Remix) 192kbps Full
View this Thread in Original format
marcusk
Yes, I dared to attempt this masterpiece...In case someone is not familiar with the original, it was remixed by Airbase.

But I just love this song...so I decided to try and remix it as best as I could. My first remix...Well, hope you like it.

Comments much appreciated.

--Edit--

Just finished making some changes...new link.
http://www.djmko.com/tafiles/Moondust(DJMkoRemix).mp3

Just right-click and save as.
1mason11
nice track here mate.enjoyed listening:) really worth to listen
marcusk
Thanks Mason...

I just made some changes to the track...

[[Use new link at top]]

-Added more effects through track
-added Arp in the middle
-changed intro
-added build in break
RickyM
Hey man

cool remix, I enjoyed your style. Sounds very like Gouryella, very nice work on getting that sound.
One for my ipod :)
marcusk
[De Ja Vu]

It's funny, actually I wasn't even trying to get that sound. I was just trying to make everything sound as loud as possible. But thanks!
Effero
Great rolling bass, and the effects going on with it. The structure is driving and the balance between elements very good.
The small break at the beggining begs you to listen for more. The pads in the background need to be louder during the rhythm section playing. The main break sounds amazing, all the arps intertwining together give you a feel of something good to come. The main chorus is beautiful with the piano and arps. I would have like to have heard them more prominent in the mix. The second break sounds good as well, great atmosphere and good contrasts.
Loved it, good work.
Cheers
Effero
marcusk
quote:
Originally posted by Effero
Great rolling bass, and the effects going on with it. The structure is driving and the balance between elements very good.
The small break at the beggining begs you to listen for more. The pads in the background need to be louder during the rhythm section playing. The main break sounds amazing, all the arps intertwining together give you a feel of something good to come. The main chorus is beautiful with the piano and arps. I would have like to have heard them more prominent in the mix. The second break sounds good as well, great atmosphere and good contrasts.
Loved it, good work.
Cheers
Effero

Effero,

Thanks man...about those pads...yep, I thought so...I guess I just needed someone else to confirm that. But I was just thinking if I put the volume louder it would drown out everything else, so I wanted to make it a little more subtle...But appreciate your input very much!

I've made some minor changes to the drums, and overall sound...lowered the bassline a little, got some comments that they were over done...

[[For new version use same link]]
The Drow
Cool bassline.
I like the fx on the background.
The ohh is too standard, it's also a bit too sharp.
The clap is too dry and dirty. Try to use a gated reverb on it.
The pads are nice :)
Breakdown is nice too.
The main part is too weak.
I like the main lead sound.
The piano is too low.
It's ok.

Omer
Effero
That's what I'm talking about, much better, beautifull driving track with an awesome mixing.
Great work
Effero
marcusk
The Drow,

Thanks for comments. I will look into those changes, piano and clap. Clap is always hard to get right cause what do you really go by? Kicks I can understand, they have to be a certain FQz but claps I feel can be whatever, no? What was weak about the main part? maybe cause there's a piano in there? I think the whole track sounds kinda like a chill remix...

Effero,

thanks again man!

The Drow
quote:
Originally posted by marcusk
The Drow,

Thanks for comments. I will look into those changes, piano and clap. Clap is always hard to get right cause what do you really go by? Kicks I can understand, they have to be a certain FQz but claps I feel can be whatever, no? What was weak about the main part? maybe cause there's a piano in there? I think the whole track sounds kinda like a chill remix...

Effero,

thanks again man!

The whole track sounds weak as the remix doesn't go anywhere.
It has no atmosphere and it sounds amatur.
Sorry I'm being harsh but thats how it is...

Omer.
marcusk
ok, thanks...be as harsh as you want, that's what this forum is for...Actually comments like that fuel me...so bring it on. Can't develop much when I always get good comments.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement