return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

[progressive] Psyklolink - Transformations (~177kbps VBR full)
View this Thread in Original format
psyklolink
Hey everyone, I've finally finished something decent enough (I think!) for putting online. It's an old track from nearly six months ago that I was never satisfied with. I came across it the other day, started messing around with the original mixdown file, and lo and behold everything sorta clicked. Wouldn't say this is perfect, especially since I've learned a lot more about production since then, but I doubt I'll go back and change anything at this point...

Anyway, here ya go... http://www.andromedastudios.com/tracks/Psyklolink - Transformations.mp3

-----------------------
UPDATED: same link as above, improved mix. yay!
thoughtlessjex
The intro seems really raw. Look into the way you're EQing some of your sounds. They're very grating.

One the rest of the song comes in, everything falls into place. You've got a lot of trippy effects going here.

I keep going back and forth on whether I like your hats or not. On the one hand, they're mixed kinda funny, and really low, pitch-wise. On the other hand, they really lend to the dark, trippy atmosphere of the song. I guess I'd have to say keep them, but they still kinda weird me out.
psyklolink
Cool, those are the exact same reservations I had about the song. Hmmm... maybe I will go back after all and EQ the beginning fx again, cuz they're getting more and more annoying each time I listen to it. I've got some of those same effects at the end of the song, are you finding them as grating as those at the beginning?

Hah, I think the hats are like that partially because I didn't know what I was doing when I originally put the track together! I like em anyhow, but maybe I'll experiment with throwing on another, more "proper" hat layer when I go fix those fx, so it's not quite so weird! :crazy:

Anyhow, thanks for the listen!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement