return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
allen and heath xone92 mixer
View this Thread in Original format
super trance
what do you guys think about this mixer. also witch way do you like it with the slide faders or the rotary knobs
idoru
It's all about personal preference. Taking our word for it doesn't necessarily mean you should purchase it. Go to your local shop and try it.

Of course, I'm just assuming that you're looking to buy it. :p

Oh, and...

Basstard
idoru you're showing an awful lot of patience of late - how do u manage man??
WeasiL
i dont think you will hear too many bad opinions on this mixer. as far as the faders go its just as idoru said, personal preference. i got the rotary version and love it.
brinboston
i have the rotary and love it as well... and the LEDs are damn pretty!!! my roommate just picked up a rane empath rotary and even though he loves the mixer he says the xone definitely looks better in action...

- bri
Events@Spec
I'd get upfader. Rotary blows. (Yes it's cleaner, and maybe just a bit more precise...) Upfaders you can do kewl tricks on and it's a xone...I don't think there would be much difference between "preciseness" in rotary and fader. Maybe a little more fader length, but hey...I think the upfaders look better too.
Clovis86
quote:
Originally posted by Basstard
idoru you're showing an awful lot of patience of late - how do u manage man??

We call him "Iceman" :p
Ryan0751
Rotary mixers are classic. Upfaders are for noobs and yo yo yo mixers.

:crazy:

quote:
Originally posted by Events@Spec
I'd get upfader. Rotary blows. (Yes it's cleaner, and maybe just a bit more precise...) Upfaders you can do kewl tricks on and it's a xone...I don't think there would be much difference between "preciseness" in rotary and fader. Maybe a little more fader length, but hey...I think the upfaders look better too.
WeasiL
quote:
Originally posted by Events@Spec

You say rotary blows then say itís cleaner and more precise. A rather contradictory and unconvincing argumentÖ

Most dj's who mix prog/trance on a regular basis will tell you its much better to pull out a smooth and precise mix with rotary faders.

To the original poster of this thread: you should evaluate the type of music you play and how you mix it. This will determine if rotary faders are for you.
super trance
does it have effects

starboy
im assuming the 32 or 62 dont have rotory as an option?

quote:
Most dj's who mix prog/trance on a regular basis will tell you its much better to pull out a smooth and precise mix with rotary faders

Is this really true? because up until lately most big clubs out there have been using the djm 600 with upfaders... do upfaders really make much of a difference as far as how the mix sounds?
WeasiL
quote:
Originally posted by starboy
im assuming the 32 or 62 dont have rotory as an option?

Is this really true? because up until lately most big clubs out there have been using the djm 600 with upfaders... do upfaders really make much of a difference as far as how the mix sounds?

The 32 and 62 donít have a rotary option, still great mixers though. the djm500/600 was and still is widely used in many clubs. I guess since not all dj's are comfortable with rotary they donít want to alienate anyone. But many big clubs have both or have upgraded to rotary only.

I just find you can make more accurate adjustments with a rotary mixer. Plus most rotary mixers lean towards the higher end and provide a nice clean warm sound. Most clubs around me have either the Urei or Rane rotaryÖ If Iím lucky some have the a&h v6, such a pleasure to mix on. As Iím sure dj trinity will tell you ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement