return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
master tempo on cdjs
View this Thread in Original format
stefanoc
im wondering who uses their cdjs with this feature on at all times?

i always have it on lately since i started harmonically mixing. noticed that the kicks dissapear once a while at high or low tempo rates.
Clovis86
quote:
Originally posted by stefanoc

i always have it on lately since i started harmonically mixing. noticed that the kicks dissapear once a while at high or low tempo rates.

As long as you use it within +/- 6% it should be fine.

I use it all the time, is great, when you adjust the platter it makes no change in pitch at all.
Tak Dub Bam
quote:
Originally posted by stefanoc

I remember asking myself the same thing, i always worked with the MT on and i can't see any reasonable argument to keep it off..
Freak
I leave it off all the time

sounds - can hear the change in the sound as soon as you switch it on. It also comes out less bassy with the MT on
limin_li
Pioneer CDJs have gotten better with the Master Tempo. I mean the CDJ-300s MT can't compare to the 100s, 800, 1000MK2 etc etc. However, I leave the MT off at all times, because sometimes I spin tracks @ + 8.0, and I want to feel the fast paste.
Protege
quote:
Originally posted by limin_li
I want to feel the fast paste.

:conf:
Zild
quote:
Originally posted by Freak
I leave it off all the time

sounds - can hear the change in the sound as soon as you switch it on. It also comes out less bassy with the MT on

My exact feelings.
idoru
I never use it. Don't have a real reason to.
DJ RJT
I use it when I need to, i.e. to mix harmonically compatible tunes at moderately different tempos.
J:\Digital
I haven't used mine yet.. You loose some of the energy you would usually get out of the highs or any vocals you may have when you are pitched above 0. I spin Psytrance and I find the the energy level is significantly less when MT is on. Only good thing about it is that you can't hear when you correct pitch.. But I try to get my mixes nailed so there is little to no corrections needed. :)

Boomer187
I usually leave it on, but I can't tell the difference from when I have it on and when i dONT
Clovis86
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
I usually leave it on, but I can't tell the difference from when I have it on and when i dONT

Doesnt it smooth out the pitch bend?

lol I didnt know the 200s had it :wtf:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement