return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
So yeah, I was offered a 1 hour slot to do my friend's prom
View this Thread in Original format
Demoted
No, I'm not in highschool any more, and yes, I do suck at mixing pretty much, I can roughly beatmatch and whatever, but I'm nowhere near good. I mean, hell, it was like, two months ago when I couldn't even figure out how the hell my mixer works :wtf:

The only problem is that I had to audition and play the EXACT set I'm going to play tomorrow night so they can deem it appropriate, which kinda defeats the purpose of live track selection. But I decided to do straight EDM, and keep it somewhat bangin'.

Tracklist:

01. Dave Seaman presents Group Therapy - Faith Again (original)
02. Freek Gauze presents Oradea - Kama Sutra (original)
03. M.I.D.O.R - Planet X (Afterhours mix)
04. Syndica - Second Thoughts (original)
05. Minidrive - Around You (Van Eyedens & Creamers remix)
06. Depeche Mode - A Pain That I'm Used To (Jacques Lu Cont remix)
07. Paul Jackson - The Push (original)
08. Late Night Alumni - Empty Streets (original)
09. Fonzerelli - Moonlight Party (original)

I'm not getting any money out of it I don't think, but I really don't care. It's my first time playing live even though I know I won't be too good, and I can't be sure as to the reaction people will give, it should be fun.

I'll update with how it goes down probably Sundayish :wtf:
RapidFire
quote:
Originally posted by Demoted
06. Depeche Mode - A Pain That I'm Used To (Jacques Lu Cont remix)

youre safe
Demoted
quote:
Originally posted by RapidFire
youre safe

I had to cheese it up with some vocals at the end, and I thought that track went well from noncheese + noncheese vocals into semicheese + cheese vocals.
RapidFire
welp its got massive mainstream appeal so all the teeny boppers will be digging it.
Demoted
quote:
Originally posted by RapidFire
welp its got massive mainstream appeal so all the teeny boppers will be digging it.

well, not this part

02. Freek Gauze presents Oradea - Kama Sutra (original)
03. M.I.D.O.R - Planet X (Afterhours mix)
04. Syndica - Second Thoughts (original)
05. Minidrive - Around You (Van Eyedens & Creamers remix)

but after that part it gets pretty mainstream.
RapidFire
be happy youre not playing top 40. you should see the dances/proms we have at my school..:nervous:

EDIT: the mainstream comment was directed at the jaques lu cont track ;)
r5a
Can't really comment on the tracklist selection but whatever... Hehe, record it and post it up afterwards!

Good luck though mate, let us know how it goes!
nicktra86
thats a nice tracklisting compared to what we had, at our formal/prom kind of thing, i had to grab my cd case out of my car and take over as dj because no one was dancing...

use this as an learning experience, and remember to have fun!
xstalkrx
This is going to be a different crowd. Gotta have some crazier stuff in there like... bodyrockers - i like the way you move....or whatever the title is to it. Straight trance prolly not going to work at a prom.
DJ_Ikronix
No offense, but you are gonna get on by the kids. The whole night.

Not because your track selection is bad, but because mainstream people in America hate that type of music. If you're going to play house, you have to play mainstream mainstream, not trance mainstream. I'm talking Sandstorm, Zombie Nation, Insomnia, and Destiny's Child remixes. And if you don't play hip-hop at some point, or if you tell them you aren't going to play hip-hop, then you're only going to get sporadic interest.

And you will lose the floor at every breakdown.

superglo
play alot of reworks and remixes.
90% of the time, it works all the time.
wizniz
ya u need remixes and pop songs thrown in there
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement