return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

[breaks] david gowans [192k] - WIP
View this Thread in Original format
gowansy
work in progress at the mo, was wondering if any1 could give me some advice, its only the percussion n bass line but something seems wrong and i cant seem to see what it is. wud appreciate advice ! cheers

here ya go, its only a small download.

Click Here
dj_kane
sounds like you've used loops and samples in this.

what program you using?

dont like that bass its too muddy

kick could be used in a better format, lose the percs they sound too much like samples.

hope im not being too critical mate, just trying to help you out.
gowansy
aye m8, i used samples n created my own loops from them samples then made a drum beat from it, i've being trying to create a natural sounding kit but cant seem to do it.

being listening to a lot of DJ shadow n that laterly, and have being wanting to nail some really nice drum beats for ages but just cant seem to get it right :(

cheers for the advice, i aint gonna remove the percs coz it took me ages to do! is there anyway i can get them to sound less like samples? cheers.
dj_kane
variate them. change them every 8 bars or so. add more layered percs use phasers, flangers and different effects. less reverb. your track has alot of reverb at the minute.

add some efx to your current sound im no expert on breaks so i cant really comment on how the tracks work although if you add efx it fills your track out much more.

maybe have a low panning pad sweeping through your track to give it some lift.

just keep adding layers and layers.

from what you have here its better than my early attempts at producing. its good sounding just needs to be managed.

listening bakc i think its the snare thats making it sound sampled if you can remove it you should and try something different.

hope this helps!
gowansy
cheers for the input kane, i'll try this tomorrow n will post an update.
Terry Barker
gowns, i like the bass, luve the perc too, as i said u need more elements, gis a shout on msn mate ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement