return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Numark 5000FX
View this Thread in Original format
henryv
Can anybody give me a little bit of background information on this mixer? anybody in here have? how do you like it? im thinking of buying one along with 2 CDJ800mk2s

pkcRAISTLIN
im hardly a tech expert but i own this mixer and i think its excellent.
great mixer for its price range, am very happy with it, especially the EQs. definitely recommend it :)
DJ 00 Tommy
pkc was it you that had the dxm before owning this?
How do the eqs compare to the dxm because i find the eq aswell as the faders to all be very sharp towards 0db.
pkcRAISTLIN
nah man, i had a behringer 700 :D so anything would be better than that! but i got advice from the lads @ storedj and they know their . the 5000 is a good buy.
DJ 00 Tommy
True storedj (i think mostly matt) hates anything that could be partialy overpriced. Im guessing why they dont sell any pio and he recomends the stantons over everything else. Thanks, im going to look into buying one of these since my original choice was a dnx500, then to buy an efx500.
xenoaxe
Does anyone else have one of these mixers? Im looking into buying one in about er....30 minutes lol.
pkcRAISTLIN
quote:
Originally posted by xenoaxe
Does anyone else have one of these mixers? Im looking into buying one in about er....30 minutes lol.

for $900AU you cant go wrong with this mixer :)
DJ Skyraper
Looks alike a good deal, as im also in the market for a mixer with fx.
DamienR8
From what I have heard, its an excellent mixer. After trying it out at this place in chinatown i can say:

1. Quality Materials.
2. The effects processor should be sold on its own. Its that good.
3. Lots of channels and tons of inputs.
4. Pretty good layout.

Numark has definitely stepped up with this one. My friend purchased it on DJDeals.com and paid around $445.00 with free shipping.
Greedy
a local dealer told me they had a lot of returns on this mixer for defectives so who knows.

Danila
It looks good.

It has the "scratch" function that means you can sample sound then scratch it? If so its pretty cool. I will be considering this mixer when I upgrade from my 2 channel Numark Matrix 2 :D
pkcRAISTLIN
quote:
Originally posted by Greedy
a local dealer told me they had a lot of returns on this mixer for defectives so who knows.

no probs with mine. had it 7 months.

quote:
Originally posted by Danila
It has the \"scratch\" function that means you can sample sound then scratch it? If so its pretty cool. I will be considering this mixer when I upgrade from my 2 channel Numark Matrix 2

im not sure. i know you can just scratch over the top of whatever's playing, and you can also sample & loop long portions of music. but i havent tried to scratch a sample. but i dont see why not.

i love that if youre split-cueing you can independently set the volume for left & right. and that the EQs/gain have full cut. and the EQs are nice and smooth. its so easy to sneak the incoming tune in.

like i said im no tech expert, but i love this mixer.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement