return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
new xone 02 or used 32?
View this Thread in Original format
willcurran
I found a guy selling me his xone 32 used for 350 bucks (plus 60 dollars shipping) but lives in the UK. I also found a guy selling a xone 02 brand new in the US for 360 (free shipping). I need to order a new mixer badly because I have a gig on the 29th and need the mixer to replace my current mixer (blah smx 201). The guy in the UK says shipping will take a max of 2 weeks, and I will be ordering either of these mixers on this week. What do you guys think? Should I go for the 32 and if it doesn't come in on time rent another mixer for the night?

Heres the message from the guy with the 32: "I'm having money problems and unfortunately i need to sell my allen heath xone 32 mixer. It is in perfect condition and well kept. Faders are new on the A&H. The a&h is about 3 years old, but last year i hardly ever used it.

I live in the Azores Islands (Portugal), midway in the atlantic, which means shipping to EU or US will be about the same."

What do you guys think?
simms327
this guy was posting his stuff for sale awhile back...

just me: but i wouldnt trust it.
Freak
link?
im a power seller on ebay - can spot the scams a mile off
simms327
i think it was on tribe a while ago

it wasnt an ebay link - he was trying to sell through a forum

found it

http://www.djforums.com/forums/show...hlight=portugal

its a good deal, but I believe if its too good to be true, it prolly is
djroeland
don't do it order it from a offical store or second hand go to his home and try but this ain't a option in this situation
Soundwerks
quote:
Originally posted by simms327
i think it was on tribe a while ago

it wasnt an ebay link - he was trying to sell through a forum

found it

http://www.djforums.com/forums/show...hlight=portugal

its a good deal, but I believe if its too good to be true, it prolly is

I'm an admin on djforums, so if you need me to check the guy out or whatever, let me know. So far, he seems legit
simms327
i have nothing to complain about him, and does say on djforums he sold his TTs, so....

I'm just giving my opinion. If it was me, i would ask him to put an ebay auction with a buy it now price of 350 USD, at a certain time, and i would buy it right away.

say get him to post the ebay auction at exactly midnight EST on the xx of april.

offer to pay the ebay fees as an extra cost - that way, if he screws you - you have the protection that ebay provides.

if hes willing to let it go for that low, jsut put her on ebay, at $350 it will get sold FAST.

my $0.02 = if its too good to be true, it prolly is!
Psiweaver
yeah i'd be wary.
alefort
quote:
Originally posted by simms327
i have nothing to complain about him, and does say on djforums he sold his TTs, so....

I'm just giving my opinion. If it was me, i would ask him to put an ebay auction with a buy it now price of 350 USD, at a certain time, and i would buy it right away.

say get him to post the ebay auction at exactly midnight EST on the xx of april.

offer to pay the ebay fees as an extra cost - that way, if he screws you - you have the protection that ebay provides.

if hes willing to let it go for that low, jsut put her on ebay, at $350 it will get sold FAST.

my $0.02 = if its too good to be true, it prolly is!

+1

I would take this advice, very solid!
willcurran
awesome
do you guys have any idea how long it would take for him to ship from where he is to phoenix, arizona? would it be in time for the event?

thanks for the help everyone :)

and you guys don't think i should go for the xone02 on ebay brand new?
i'm thinking about maybe learning to scratch (i spin dnb mainly now but still trance sometimes)

quote:
Originally posted by djroeland
don't do it order it from a offical store or second hand go to his home and try but this ain't a option in this situation

i cant because i dont have the money to buy one new from an official store.. i only have around 360 bucks

Timski
I wouldnt risk it... Not second hand and from another country... Just go with one from a store or someone you can trust.
simms327
maybe rent one for the gig to be sure (book now) and if it comes, then you are good. if not you're good too.

i would say 10 business days to get from the azores to phoenix
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement