return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

0m00s: x bpm ----linear----> 5m00s: y bpm
View this Thread in Original format
Belgian Bonzai
Know what I'm saying, I'm looking for (preferably free) software that changes bpm of a tune over time.
Like you're mixing a track into a 128 bpm track and then mix a 135 bpm track in after that:

tune at 128 ---> some other tune ---> tune at 135

How can I get 'some other tune' to slowly increase in bpm?

Many many thanks to whoever can help me with this.
Greetings :)
Cheetah86
That's a cool idea, but what I wonder is how do you beatmatch it if its changing the whole time, or do you only beatmatch it after that final point. You can also do it by slowly adjusting the pitch, but I guess that's not automatic and takes up a hand.
dark_Omens
You could use Audacity (its free!) and change certain sections of the music 1 bpm at a time, increasing over time so its not noticible. IMO it will be easier to move it .1% at a time with the pitch slider over a minute to gradually increase the speed.
Trogdor
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Bonzai How can I get 'some other tune' to slowly increase in bpm?
Uh, adjust the pitch or tempo? You know, like when you're mixing?
s3nate
quote:
Originally posted by Trogdor
Uh, adjust the pitch or tempo? You know, like when you're mixing?
Belgian Bonzai
Tempo, tempo. The Audacity suggestion is great; I have it installed on my laptop anyway; I used to load a track X times in my Mixmeister, each with a .5 bpm difference and 'paste' it together; Audacity will save me time, can't believe I hadn't thought of that lol. Thanks!
Still looking for the holy grail though :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement