return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Behringer BCD2000 - mp3 mixer
View this Thread in Original format
Kaveh
Hey!

Does anybody have any experience or info on this mixer? It has just been released I believe and I'm thinking of buying one for using at home. The big question for me is whether you get any latency or not.

http://www.behringer.com/BCD2000/index.cfm?lang=ENG

What do you think about it? Worth buying or should I save my money for something else?

/Kaveh
Events@Spec
It looks more towards there studio equipment.

Behringers studio equipment is very good. Other people will tell you to stay away from it because they indeed do have VERY DJ equipment. I have a few studio products from Behringer and they're top quality for a very reasonable price.
WeasiL
im not sure about that thing mate... it looks like a toy and behringer isnt exactly known for quality dj gear. i think your money would be better spent on a pair of cdj's and a mixer
punjabi
I wouldn't even consider buying that. It's Behringer.
DJ 00 Tommy
For the price it doesnt seem so bad.
Not all behringer = .
Ofcourse if you have money dont get it but for its price its definitly a better choice then the ipod mixer.
I think the software that comes with it is made by myxoft (the same people who made dssdj) so expect to need to buy something like traktor aswell.
Dssdj has great potential but myxoft is fking up big time.
Kaveh
Thanks for the advice guys.

Yeah, my other option is to invest in cdjs and a mixer. The difference in price is pretty much.. but if it's worth it I'll of course go for the cdjs. However it's only for using at home.. so I don't know :p

If somebody has got anything more to add, feel free to do so :)
Events@Spec
I mean it's midi right? It should work just fine. I'd go for it.
Low Profile
I have a BCF2000 midi remote, it's from the same product line as the BCD2000, and it's been working like a charm for me, 100% reliable.

I don't know what it is with people bitchin' about Behringer, I have 4 products from them and they all work great. If you were expecting Allen & Heath -quality products for 1/10th of the price, you might wanna get your head checked out, but most of the stuff they make is solid, reliable and cheap (the most important word here being cheap :) )
Danila
I have behringer mixer and it has been living in my studio for 5 years. I have used it outside for gigs, driven around with it and not a single problem. And it was not expensive neither. I was actually looking at this thing since it has soundcard built in and phono preams(which is perfect for software like DJ Decks) + Midi controller. Pretty cool
simms327
check out numarks new Hard drive mixer - i think its pretty cool.

dami2550
It's practically a copy of Hercules DJ Console MK2 - with few addons. Behringer is cheap, around $150 (vs Hercules for 220-250).
It is cheaper - I mean you feel it's cheaper. More plasticky.

Hercules works great for me for Virtual DJ software. Behringer is not supported natively (it just came out), but I'm sure it will be.

For cheap PC / laptop "hookup" it's good. I'm thinking about dumping DJ Console for DAC3, but I need separate sound card for that.

EDIT:
It only has one output, so can't hook it up to external mixer (you can Hercules)
alefort
quote:
Originally posted by Low Profile
I have a BCF2000 midi remote, it's from the same product line as the BCD2000, and it's been working like a charm for me, 100% reliable.

I don't know what it is with people bitchin' about Behringer, I have 4 products from them and they all work great. If you were expecting Allen & Heath -quality products for 1/10th of the price, you might wanna get your head checked out, but most of the stuff they make is solid, reliable and cheap (the most important word here being cheap :) )

+1
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement