return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
i'll be honest im pretty f**kin pissed right now
View this Thread in Original format
Sound O fTrance
So I purchased about 30 tunes over the passed 2 months... and I just burned all of them in about 3-5 hours today.....

So I come to jam all excited, and EVERY GOD DAMN CD skips! I dont know what the hell it's doing this for... it basically 'clicks' and goes back a second or two and continues again... TOTAL waste of time

I recently updated to a newer version of nero, I tryed burning at 4x, and did the rest at 8x... and the problem persisted. Any ideas on what steps I can take to prevent this?
kimchi
i get the same problem and i use nero as well. its SOOOO annoying. im goign to try using roxio or another burning program.

oh yea, also check to make sure your cd burners drivers are up to date.
Sound O fTrance
yea im seriously verry annoyed about it.

What software does everyone use that doesnt fail?
kimchi
more than anything its a problem with your comp/burner

i plan to reformat, once i have all my music, videos, and files backuped. need to go buy a external HD
Sound O fTrance
highly doubt that, i've burnt loads on an older nero with no problems... burner and comp are fine
leph555
Guys the newer nero sucks ass!!! I have had so much problems with it but once i went back to nero 6 all of the problems had stopped!
alefort
Yeah, nero has become a huge sack of crap. I recommend the built in burner in winamp, it works flawlessly. I was having the same issue with nero until I switched.
Low Profile
don't burn audio cd's at 52x speed, that makes a highes risk of skipping and jitters. Use a maximum of 24x speed.
I always burn at 12x, but use 8x if you are a patient man :p
Allied Nations
I bet the problem would stop if you bought a cd lens cleaning disc.. did for me - I had similar problems.

EDIT: I also use nero and have never had ANY problems whatsoever.
nennon
Just a thought, try getting some new blank CD-Rs. I had a whole 100-pack that was bad once. I bought a new 50 pack and everything worked fine.

alefort
quote:
Originally posted by Allied Nations
I bet the problem would stop if you bought a cd lens cleaning disc.. did for me - I had similar problems.

EDIT: I also use nero and have never had ANY problems whatsoever.

What version of Nero are you running? I ahd no problems with version 5 and the early version 6.....but it seems that 6.6 and onward is nothing but problems for me.
kimchi
hmm, i think imma try using a older version of nero. im using nero 7.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement