return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Speactra pres. Tiburtius - First Shine [Prog Trance] Based on a sample from Sigur Rós
View this Thread in Original format
Speactra

I'm back again, and presenting my new alias for deep progressive trance as Speactra is for a more techier style.
I have based this track on a sample from "Sigur Rós - Untitled #8 (a.k.a. Popplagiđ / the Pop song)".
I love that song and thought it may fit in a trance track. It's up to you to decide how well it fits :)

It's a few things left to do, ie better mastering and some automatation tweaks etc.
But I would like to hear your opinions before i finish it.

You can download Sigur Rós - Untitled #8 for free at http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/

Link: Speactra - First Shine - Full 320kbps

Thanks for listening!

Now the track is complete. I've done a new master on the track and thought that I would share the complete version with you. I hope you like it! :)
Link is replaced with the new one.

//Alexander :)
richg101
yo alex. - nice to see a new track from ya!

10 mins!

the speactra thump i can recognise anywhere!

nice percs. maybe a little dry on some of them. add a little verb- but only tiny amounts imo.

can comment on balance etc. speakers are ..

break is superb. the guitar strings scratched synth is wicked!!!!!

id so play this! its so haunting. reminds me of stanley kubricks 'the shining' - that creepy overlook hotel:)

this is a intro track in my eyes. to set the mood. its great. my fave of yours.

dont do much to this. arrangement is A1. and all synths go perfect. just get mastering perfect and get the percs/kick/bass all working to their best drive wise.

please send me a 320 of this. and make sure you send it out to guys like border community and james holden. it reminds me of 'the sky was pink by nathan fake. and its about on the same league imo.

pretty much faultless in my eyes and id buy this as a one sided vinyl for Ł8 if i listened to it in my record store.

nice man nice!

rich:)
Drik
Try layering that kick with a sharper one with its bass cut off, makes the kick a bit snappier :)

Deffo liking the fact that this doesnt sound too digital, its got a nice bottom end.

Liking the groove in this one :)

At around 3:40 it gets a bit messy with bassline you have, maybe the kick has a bit too much bottom end?

I like the filtered snary stuff you have running in the background :)

Cool stuff, very atmoshperic
R.j.
heyyyy you like Sigur Rós also? that's awesome! Do you like "the nothing song" as well? It's my favorite.

As for the track I also like the filtered percussion in the background. the track is very nice also-- can't really comment that much since, overall, it seems to be made well. I really like how you incorporated the track into your song. Good job.
Subtle
listening:

i like the beginning, nice kick percs and bass.. alot of minimal sounds and atmospheric effcts going on.. pretty relaxing, not really much to keep attention on.. more of something i can listen to while doing something else.. the dynamics are fine.. its easy to get lost in this tune.. 2 times ive forgot i listened to it and just dreamt away.. im at 6 minutes now.. there is a break.. with a slightly hint of a guitar in the background.. i really really love the atmosphere of it as right now.. at about 8 minutes i would expect some other track to be mixed in as if i were listening to a progressive compilation or something..

deep, long, atmospheric.. i really enjoyed listening to this track.. this track is finished :)
Speactra
Hey Guys! Glad you like it! :D

Rich: Exactly what I thought, it makes well as a intro track.

Drik: I'll see what i doing with the kick. I know it's going to sound better after the mastering. :)

R.j : This is still my favourite of Sigur, but the nothing song isn't bad either ;)

Subtle: You caught the feeling i was aiming for :p
Just dream away and let the music speak for itself :D

Btw, I have updated my website, check it out www.speactra.cjb.net ;)

Thanks!!
Lakeus
Hey....

I like especially the groove and the atmosphere of the track. The sample you used itself is great, I think it´s Sigur Ros´ best song ever... I felt some point that the track wasn´t heading anywhere but maybe the atmosphere ( like in Sigur Ros´ music ) is the most important thing. Not as good as the original ;) ( little bit hard or impossible to beat ) but a good effort anyway!!

Cheers, Lakeus

www.lakeusmusic.com
dj_kane
got a real techy feel to it. kick needs tightened up as mentioned. like the overall sound you've got going. would work well on a dance floor. like that first breakdown really dark yet atmospheric. loving the groove of it. like that vocal sample really fits into the track to give it that dark edge.

good listen mate!
djads
sounds very good :), i particulary like sigur ros a lot, the sample fits good into the whole song, the kick is nice and the overall atmosphere is great. keep it up !

Greetz

//ALex
Speactra
Thanks for all great replies everyone!

I agree with you, Lakeus, that it's an impossible track to beat, but it was fun trying :tongue2

Chronosis
I love this track. Actually downloaded this before you mentioned about it, but *forgot* to comment. :clown:

The feel in this is more than right. Production is great (if being really picky, drums could've had a bit more high end). It's definitely a keeper. :)
Snowave
quote:
Originally posted by Speactra
Thanks for all great replies everyone!

I agree with you, Lakeus, that it's an impossible track to beat, but it was fun trying :tongue2

hey m8!

cool made track. Really deep this track. And really works with sigur rös sample. but if would any producing track i would might used instead svefn g englar, but well my oppinion. this is a pogressive production. You have made it well. I will keep listening on your tune.

Cheers Snowave!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement