return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

[trance/tech-trance] Kris Forbes - Hardships (full)
View this Thread in Original format
Forbes
Hey this is a trck i'm currently working on, i put it online for a mate to hear so thought i'd share it with you guys too.

Still needs alot of work but i'd like to hear some opinions.

Kris Forbes - Hardships (128kbits/sec)
Akia
Hi!

This is not bad att all! It has a nice bassline and I like the synth in the background! However imo you have to build it up more in the start and build it down more to the end. But its a good job anyway! :)

Akia
Forbes
Thanks for listening and the feedback :D

Others that have heard it have pretty much said the same as yourself.

Currently i'm working on building up to the breakdown and making the track a touch more euphoric, also i've noticed that the track lacks high end frequencies so i'll boost them a touch too.;)
Forbes
Yeah guys

Can you give your opinions please on this track.

Heres an updated link

Sebrov - Hardships 192kb/sec
Aquarian
Percs are ok, but nothing special. Sounds like default sequencer stuff. They need more punch, and more original sounds - try looking for some new samples, and don't be afraid to experiment with them. Sometimes a snare or hat can produce interesting sounds if reversed, pitched up or down, cut in the volume envelope, etc. Kick especially needs punch - I can barely hear it as is. Saws at 1:45 are pretty repetitive - try adding some filters (same applies for pretty much the whole track - needs more filters), fading it in rather than just having it fully open right away, and then adding some variation on the notes, so it sounds like it's always evolving, and not just stuck on a loop. The instrument itself sounds pretty thin and dry, try adding more instrument layers on top playing the same notes, and experiment with the knobs at bit, so that the instrument sounds fuller, fatter, more driving. Also try spicing it up with some more effects; more delays, reverbs, flangers, etcetera. It all sounds pretty raw right now. Sounds like you've got the basics down. It's probably got potential, just needs alot of work. Good luck.
Axolotyl
You need more compression on those percs to bring them out. The patterns are nice techno type stuff tho.

I found the bass a bit clean and sine for my liking too. Try adding some tube distortion to thicken it up.
Forbes
Thanks for the comments guys:D

Now lets get improving:whip:
Mr Rogers
quote:
Originally posted by Aquarian
Percs are ok, but nothing special. Sounds like default sequencer stuff. They need more punch, and more original sounds - try looking for some new samples, and don't be afraid to experiment with them. Sometimes a snare or hat can produce interesting sounds if reversed, pitched up or down, cut in the volume envelope, etc. Kick especially needs punch - I can barely hear it as is. Saws at 1:45 are pretty repetitive - try adding some filters (same applies for pretty much the whole track - needs more filters), fading it in rather than just having it fully open right away, and then adding some variation on the notes, so it sounds like it's always evolving, and not just stuck on a loop. The instrument itself sounds pretty thin and dry, try adding more instrument layers on top playing the same notes, and experiment with the knobs at bit, so that the instrument sounds fuller, fatter, more driving. Also try spicing it up with some more effects; more delays, reverbs, flangers, etcetera. It all sounds pretty raw right now. Sounds like you've got the basics down. It's probably got potential, just needs alot of work. Good luck.

I think aquarian expalianed it to a tea. not enough catching my ear, to much repetition.
some cool sound though. keep it up
Nemesis44
Falls more into the realms of techno rather than tech trance in my book.
This track could be much better (not saying it's bad now) if it had more drive.
Nice and dark bit a wee bit standardised.

Keep it up though

Cheers
Nem
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement