return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas

Pages: [1] 2 3 
goodbye PC HELLLoOoo Mac!!
View this Thread in Original format
kimchi
so i sold my pc today and picked up a 20 inch iMac G5. holy !! have i been missing out. such a beautiful interface :eyes:

who else uses mac's here?
Xtracktor
quote:
Originally posted by kimchi
so i sold my pc today and picked up a 20 inch iMac G5. holy !! have i been missing out. such a beautiful interface :eyes:

Why not wait for the intel towers? :conf:
jesteraver
quote:
Originally posted by Xtracktor
Why not wait for the intel towers? :conf:

Some of the Intel are slower compared to the PPC G5 I've seen in certain benchmarks.

Congrats with the mac.

One thing dont use SAFARI, download Opera or Firefox.
Hypersky
quote:
Originally posted by kimchi

I switched to MAC a few years back and haven't looked back since.
Xtracktor
quote:
Originally posted by jesteraver
Some of the Intel are slower compared to the PPC G5 I've seen in certain benchmarks.

Congrats with the mac.

One thing dont use SAFARI, download Opera or Firefox.

Wouldn't you argue that the intel's macs capabilities are much higher than the G5's because of bootcamp? At least thats why I would get it, :D .
ivanbee
welcome to the club
|Thrax|
hi. :)

15" PB G4
Sawtooth G4 Tower

...Patiently waits for Intel towers.

Which speed tests? Maybe a Single dual core Intel vs. a Dual-Dual Core G5. Otherwise, I don't think the PPC archtechture stood a chance.
bobba lou
macbookpro 17 inch, 2.16 intel
freshcoast
I believe applications that are still written exclusively for the PPC architecture may be slower compared to a intel duo-core system. Photoshop is the biggest one right now. But any app that has a universal binary should be quite a bit faster on the intels.

As for mself, recently I've been severly tempted to convert to a MacBook Pro. Since I'm not gaming anymore (which still may be possible with the dual booting) and I'm tight on space, a laptop will do me well. And I love the OSX interface compared to windows! But I'll wait for the 2nd gen hardware first (so they have things like the thermal problems fixed).
Hypersky
Got a G5 right now...about to get a macbook pro

kimchi
i got a GREAT deal on mine from a friend.

came with a 2 gig upgrade, 3 year applecare, and a 160 gig firewire hd all for 1,000. he purchased the imac back in october. i have the original reciept and all so now i need to transfer the applecare to my name. im loving it so far though.
DjWoody
Congrats! Are you sure you got the iMac G5 or the Intel iMac?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement