return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas

Pages: [1] 2 
F*CK EMPIRE LAS VEGAS - NEVER AGAIN!!!!
View this Thread in Original format
fupaking
For anyone who is wondering how Tiesto was last night in Vegas, let me first start by saying Empire Ballroom, its staff, security, and management are the most restarded nightclub staff I have ever seen in the industry, what I witnessed this weekend was beyond reasonable. For many people, you single-handedly ruined many people's weekend.

Empire made the greedy selfish decision to book Prince, yes Prince, before both of its major events Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday was bad enough, when we arrived, absolutely no line organization, no one being admitted, and no reason given. Not to mention, Empire's staff (the majority of whom probably flunked out of school after 2nd grade...with the exception of the Asian bouncer (there was only one, sorry I don't know your name), who actually was compassionate and at least seemed to care to try to get people in.

Sunday, we arrived at midnight (doors were at 3am Saturday for the after hours ticket, 12am Sudnday). The main attraction being Tiesto, we had to stand outside until 4:30am!!! Most of my friends left and were pissed off. Poor organization, communication, and worst of, they blamed Prince! Hello...I don't care that Prince was late to a gig that you booked AFTER I had spent $110 on a weekend pass. That's not fair!

You should have seen, everyone standing outside, completely dejected, a damper put on their weekend. We saw so many people give and leave....thousands of dollars lost by Empire, but they didn't care.

I am not giving Empire any more of my business...maybe if they clean up their act, I will give them another chance one day. But for now I will be seeking my money back (and yes I will get it...thank you Amex!. Hello, at least learn hwo to form a line, create a system for allowing people entrance...how hard can it be???.....losers.
djnaeblis
Geez. That sucks, management of an event, can really make or as in your case break a nite sometimes. I hope you get your money back. Waiting in line is one thing, but waiting in line for 4+ hours is ludicrous. Again, sorry, will be sure to avoid Empire when in Vegas.
lex400sc
it really baffles my mind how some of the dumbest businessmen in the world get to own/manage night clubs... on a related note, i can't stand vegas. i spend more than 2 nights there and really bad things start happening.
groovedaddy21
I've gone to Empire a few times and never had any problems getting in. But this Sat was a big shocker for me too. My Gawd! What the hell happened to door/line management? I've never seen such a chaos at the front door of any club. after an hour of attempting to get in, i gave up and left. i even tried to grease several door guys but they were looking for 100 dollar bills not 20's.

on Sunday i made another big mistake by going back hoping things would be different. well it looked more organized with one line formed already at 12:10. I came to check the general admission becuz i didn't have presale ticket. I was told it's $100 and about 2 hr wait. I asked myself if it's worth it. stupid question i know. so i left. from what ur reporting i'm so glad i left.

So how was Tiesto?
Clovis86
All this for tiesto...omg I laff :haha: :haha:
lex400sc
quote:
Originally posted by Clovis86

some guy at tiesto @ ruby skye was getting pissed at me cause i was leaning against the balcony across from his vip booth and apparently he thought he paid for the table and all the walkway around it. anyway he comes up to me and tells me he paid $700 for his table and if i didn't gtfo he'd tell a bouncer. i just kinda snickered, mentioned to him 700 huh? i paid nothing and walked away. some people go way too far when it comes to tiest0r, it blows my mind... he played probably the most boring trance set i've ever heard btw.
Clovis86
quote:
Originally posted by lex400sc
some guy at tiesto @ ruby skye was getting pissed at me cause i was leaning against the balcony across from his vip booth and apparently he thought he paid for the table and all the walkway around it. anyway he comes up to me and tells me he paid $700 for his table and if i didn't gtfo he'd tell a bouncer. i just kinda snickered, mentioned to him 700 huh? i paid nothing and walked away. some people go way too far when it comes to tiest0r, it blows my mind... he played probably the most boring trance set i've ever heard btw.

This entire business is built on hype...so it doesn't really suprise me anymore...
Protege
quote:

my thoughts exactly.
tiestos a superstar, what do you expect?
Boomer187
Rumor has it Tiesto even had to slip the doorman a hundo to get in :wtf:

This is one reason why I didn't wanna go, but usually on other afterhours nights the line is fine. They just really need to work on clearing people out and then letting people in.
Electrophile
quote:
Originally posted by lex400sc

The dude probably went back to his table, snorted a line and sat down between his two shemale's to enjoy his two hours of feeling important. I personally would have hocked a lugie in his booth even if it meant getting kicked out, but then again I have a tendancy to do stupid that I regret later on :p

Electrophile
quote:
This entire business is built on hype...so it doesn't really suprise me anymore...

This brings to mind a track by DJ Shadow, Why Hip Hop sucks in '96. They should do a rework called "Why trance sucks in '06"......simply said, it's the money :(
philippe
Yes, admission was a mess on Sunday/Monday, and the staff at this club plays by its own rules, as several people described. You can complain to the promoter here.

I showed up around 02:00 I think. When I saw the huge line and was told that they would not start letting people in until 03:00, I went back to my hotel for a nap and didn't return until 04-something. Indeed, it wasn't easy getting in, but knowing Bo helped... Even he himself was telling some people in line to give something to Adam (one of the door staff) in order to be admitted without waiting :wtf: (This is the kind of thing that makes you appreciate just how lucky we are to have places like Arena/Circus here :) Even Avalon seems like a walk in the park compared to this racket...)

When I got in, they were charging people without tickets $100, and saying that it was about to go up to $200 :eek:

But once inside, Tiësto made me forget all about that. I was just enjoying the melodic trance he was playing on this amazing sound system :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement