return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas

Pages: [1] 2 
Dj Store & Parties on los angels
View this Thread in Original format
Viperon
Hey anybody!

I will come to loas angels at 27.6. I will stay there untill 27.7.

I want to know:
1. Any good parties at los angels.
2. Any good dj store to buy some gear on los angels.

thank you for the help.
Protege
just for the record its Los Angeles.
DaveT
quote:
Originally posted by Protege
just for the record its Los Angeles.

I hate to be a bitch here but you obviously can see he's from another country. Do we need to have so many smart asses around here?

Anyhow, off the top of my head Spundae LA will have Armin van Buuren and ATB at their first annual white party (so dress in white!) on July 1.

If there's one place you want to check out while in LA if you love trance, it's Spundae LA at Circus in Hollywood (right against LA) on Saturday nights.

Spundae is the #1 event promoter in the USA at the 2006 International Dance Music Awards (and #1 US Club at 2006 IDMAs).

You'll surely see tons of posts on this board about that event as we get closer to July 1. Although, if you decide you want to go you may want to visit www.spundae.com and buy your tickets now as it will probably sell out.

If you like progressive house, too, then you probably want to check out Avalon. Great venue, great music....crowd is a big turnoff to lots of people (including me), though.

There will be plenty of other events announced, so stay tuned.

Hope you enjoy your time here.
HotDogWater
Also, you'll need to be 21 years or older in order to go to most clubs around here.
Protege
quote:
Originally posted by DaveT
I hate to be a bitch here but you obviously can see he's from another country. Do we need to have so many smart asses around here?

I wasnt being a smart ass I was just helping the guy out, my god.
DaveT
quote:

Look at the tone of your reply. Or just think about the tone of people of when they reponded with a "just for the record" ... especially whan that's all that's in your reponse.

See, if your reply helped him out a little and you said that it would be one thing. But it didn't...so it sounded like your response had attitude in it.

and damn right I'm your god! j/k....lol.

In the end, just saying we should have open arms be welcoming and help as much as we can. Just thought your response gave a different impression (intentionally) than a welcoming one. If that wasn't intended...oh well :p
kimchi
regarding the DJ store, you can go to www.pssl.com

they are located in cypress, california which is about 20-25 minutes driving distance from la. where exactly will you be staying?
starboy
quote:

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...ght=memorial+we
:o
DjWoody
If you want to buy DJ Equipment, there's tons of stores. The main ones are Pro Sound. They're by far the biggest, best, and more informative store. Most ProSound Employees are DJ's themselves.

There's also the chain stores such as Guitar Center and SamAsh. If you want cheap equipment, head on over to Dowtown LA. There's tons of stores that sell equipment for cheap. Six Star DJ is also pretty cheap. Remember, all these stores price match any other store or internet site. So pretty much you just need to go to one. But for the more hands on experience, Guitar Center or Sam Ash are your best bet.

Record Stores...
For Trance/EDM there's GrooveRiders in Sherman Oaks. I never been there, so I dunno how it is. There's also Dr Freeclouds for the more underground sound, and there's DJ Culture in Newport Beach/Costa Mesa. Even Virgin Records sells some EDM.

For Hip Hop, your options are WIDE!!!! My personal favorite is Stacks in Cerritos. This store is own by a famous hip hop/radio DJ and it's THE PLACE to go if you spin hip hop. There's also Rehab in Los Angeles, Virgin Record sells tons of hip hop, Norwalk Records in Norwalk sells all the secret old school records, Noise Noise Noise is a must stop place for all sorts of secret gems. There's more, but those are just the main stores.

If you have more questions, just ask.

- DJ Woody
HotDogWater
Guitar Center is pretty good for gear because you can usually talk them down to a lower price. www.guitarcenter.com I believe, if you want to find one close to where you are staying.

gypsygirl
and let us know what you'll be up to using the boards and that way we can meet up with you and you can have some peeps to hang out with. looking forward to meeting you
Protege
quote:
Originally posted by DaveT
Look at the tone of your reply. Or just think about the tone of people of when they reponded with a "just for the record" ... especially whan that's all that's in your reponse.

See, if your reply helped him out a little and you said that it would be one thing. But it didn't...so it sounded like your response had attitude in it.

and damn right I'm your god! j/k....lol.

In the end, just saying we should have open arms be welcoming and help as much as we can. Just thought your response gave a different impression (intentionally) than a welcoming one. If that wasn't intended...oh well :p

I didnt mean to get into a whole argument about this. If it seemed crass, my bad, I didnt mean to be, I just thought Id point out the correct spelling, that kind of thing irks me sometimes.
And to help the guy out, check out guitar center, they rock. And all the best shows usually happen at Avalon and Spundae.

quote:
Originally posted by starboy
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...ght=memorial+we
:o

I totally dont remember posting that
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement