return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

vinyl problem
View this Thread in Original format
ASFSE
hey guys.

i've got a little bit of an annoying problem with 1 of my vinyl. the A side works fine, but when it comes to the B side i have a problem. when i try to spin it with my hands its super sensitive, and it's difficult to control, also, when i release the record i have to give it a slight push because it takes about 2 seconds for the record to start moving... is this problem fixable? is the record warped or somthing stupid like that? i just got it a coupla days ago too by the way, so..ya...:conf:

thanks.
generic
Is the A side 33 and B side 45RPM?
ASFSE
both sides are 33
Dervish
quote:
Originally posted by ASFSE
hey guys.

i've got a little bit of an annoying problem with 1 of my vinyl. the A side works fine, but when it comes to the B side i have a problem. when i try to spin it with my hands its super sensitive, and it's difficult to control, also, when i release the record i have to give it a slight push because it takes about 2 seconds for the record to start moving... is this problem fixable? is the record warped or somthing stupid like that? i just got it a coupla days ago too by the way, so..ya...:conf:

thanks.

Yup it's warped. Try bending it out. Or just put tape over the hole, and punch through the hole, it'll grip the spindel then. Bending it does tend to work though. Just a few flexes. Unless the needle is jumping too? If so you might need to do something more advanced. Made a thread about it before somewhere or answered one on how to (attempt to) fix them. COuld be hard to find though.
ASFSE
thanks man, i'll try those mentioned techniques, thanks.
skot_e
Don't know how successful it'd be, but put it between 2 pieces of glass and put it in the oven on low heat for a bit to soften the plastic. Wouldn't leave it in for long tho.
Might work?
ASFSE
quote:
Originally posted by skot_e
Don't know how successful it'd be, but put it between 2 pieces of glass and put it in the oven on low heat for a bit to soften the plastic. Wouldn't leave it in for long tho.
Might work?

ya i've read about this, but i dont wanna try...i tried the tape thing, and that seemed to make it better, although now the vinyl is kinda wavy(you can see the needle arm riding up and down while playing the record) but other than that no problems.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement