return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

question. laptop mixing hardware/soundcard
View this Thread in Original format
slp3
Hello, bit of advice needed please.. when DJ'ing in a club what hardware do people use like Paul van Dyk, Adam Sheridan.. when using Albeton Live and do they mix with an External mixer by plugging leads into each channel or do they just have one audio output from the laptop and use software based mixer?

I haven't used Albeton Live yet but I have used Traktor. When I did i used an External USB Soundcard with 4 x phono outputs & 4 x phono inputs. this is the MAYA44USB by Audiotrak but I now find it failing to work and am wondering what the pro's use.

Many thanks, if you can give any website links to buy the right equipment even better. Sorry if this has been discussed to death before.
david.michael
I don't know what the "Pros" do, but what I've been doing lately with Traktor is using my MIDI controller to control the software mixer. (Assign EQs to knobs on my controller, assign crossfader to one of the sliders, etc.) Been working out fine for me. I'm new to DJing though so I don't know much outside of that, lol.
superglo
M-Audio & ESI soundcards are pretty good right now.
Personally i use an M-Audio Quattro USB 4in/4out
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement