return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

difference between CDJ-1000 MK I & MK II ?
View this Thread in Original format
MikeyN
so im looking into buying an MK 1 or 2, but i wanna see the differences between them first, ive been looking all over trying to find a side by side comaprison or any comparison, with no luck, i also tried the search function, which isnt letting me search "CDJ-100" or "Pioneer CDJ" so if the DJ's here could help me out it would be much appreciated...

and just some question on the construction of it, cause i couldnt find that info anywhere, is the body made of plastic like the 800's ? and hows the jog wheel on both? also plastic i would assume? but if you cold also tell me about the "feel" of both mk 1 and 2 jog wheels, if theres any difference that would be appreciated.

thanks everyone who responds.
Benjamin_D
www.pioneerprodj.com

although both of those are discontinued items. thay now have a mk3 out. the mk2 are indresty standsrd, so i would say they are very good
Freak
pitch ranges:
mk1= 6%, 10%, 16% 24%
mk2= 6%, 10%, 16%, 100%

memory reading/writing is faster on mk2

Jog wheel less prone to 'stickiness' (becoming stiff) than the mk1 which was a common problem with certain batches of mk1s

mk2s have a silver ring around the jog

apart from that they are identical.

yes both have plastic cases and jogs.
xenoaxe
i got a pair and have played with both the 1000 and the mk2.

Reason i dont get another MK2:

300$ more, and the job wheel sounds like a train when you spin in. I mean i dont scratch but thats how i beat match and it literally sounds like you're spinning a skateboard wheel. When you're bedroom DJing - the sound is annoying as hell imo. The 1000s are silent, and very smooth. The pitch difference doesnt interest me, i mean who mixes 2 songs that they need 100% +/- pitch to beatmatch it? hehe.
MikeyN
quote:
Originally posted by Freak
pitch ranges:
mk1= 6%, 10%, 16% 24%
mk2= 6%, 10%, 16%, 100%

memory reading/writing is faster on mk2

Jog wheel less prone to 'stickiness' (becoming stiff) than the mk1 which was a common problem with certain batches of mk1s

mk2s have a silver ring around the jog

apart from that they are identical.

yes both have plastic cases and jogs.

thanks for that, yeah i'm not really interested in +/- 100% Pitch control, but i plan on keeping these for a long while so i wouldnt want the jog wheel on the Mk1 to start sticking, and i prefer the jog of the Mk2 anyways, the silver ring is a nice touch, although Functionality is most important to me and i should look beyond aesthetics, looks do play some role in my final purchase choice.

as for the Mk3, the jog wheel adjust and Mp3 compatibility features would be nice to have, but they're just luxuries the way i see it, they're not totally necessary, i mean, people survived without the Mk3 before it was released, DJ's and music didnt suddenly get So much better just because of the release of the Mk3, like a PvD set spun on an Mk3 is no different than PvD set spun on an Mk2. (just for an example)

as for my CDJ-800's, keep em? or sell em? or keep 1 for when i wanna throw a third track in?
Benjamin_D
i was just saying that they dont make the mk2 anymore or less you get it used
Mimoza
Click this link:

http://www.djresource.eu/Topics/sto...mparison-Chart/

and you will get all the differences...
All CDJ-800's + 1000's are set up together with there functions...
Greedy
quote:
Originally posted by xenoaxe
The pitch difference doesnt interest me, i mean who mixes 2 songs that they need 100% +/- pitch to beatmatch it? hehe.

you dont. U use it for TRIXX
MikeyN
quote:
Originally posted by Benjamin_D
i was just saying that they dont make the mk2 anymore or less you get it used

thats what i plan on doing :D
Spirit5
Of all of the ones i'de go with an MK2. You really don't need the little extras on the MK3. If you look at the chart, there are like 3 or 4 differences between them, the most major one being MP3 support. However if your at a club, your not neccessarily going to be using a player with MP3, because unless it's a new club with lots of money to spend on gear, most clubs will have an MK1 or MK2. And although the platter on the MK3's i've heard is even better than the MK2's, the MK2's platter is lighter than the MK1s, and that is a plus. This is one of the reasons why people seem to like the CDJ 800s, because of it's light jog wheel. This is especially good for scratching, but also for cueing up records and pitch bending, just takes less effort.

MikeyN
quote:
Originally posted by Spirit5
Of all of the ones i'de go with an MK2. You really don't need the little extras on the MK3. If you look at the chart, there are like 3 or 4 differences between them, the most major one being MP3 support. However if your at a club, your not neccessarily going to be using a player with MP3, because unless it's a new club with lots of money to spend on gear, most clubs will have an MK1 or MK2. And although the platter on the MK3's i've heard is even better than the MK2's, the MK2's platter is lighter than the MK1s, and that is a plus. This is one of the reasons why people seem to like the CDJ 800s, because of it's light jog wheel. This is especially good for scratching, but also for cueing up records and pitch bending, just takes less effort.

to be honest i wish the jog wheels on the 800's were heavier, or gave a bit of resistance...but thats just my opinion
Spirit5
quote:
Originally posted by MikeyN
to be honest i wish the jog wheels on the 800's were heavier, or gave a bit of resistance...but thats just my opinion

I can understand but i've heard a lot of people prefering the lighter jog wheels on the 800 and MK2s vs. the tighter one on the 1000. Hence why they loosened it on the MK2's. The MK3s you can adjust, which is pretty nice i'de say. I've just seen more people on this forum using the CDJ 800s vs. the 1000 MK1 or MK2s, but I am starting to see more people with the MK3's. So if you want heavier, you'll have to look for the MK1s, if you want both the MK3s are your best bet. However, the MK2s aren't as light as the 800s...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement