return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Getting started with Cubase!!!
View this Thread in Original format
1Side
Í have bought Cubase Le, but I have problems of getting a few how to
produce music in this program.
I readed the manual etc.
Some help would be great thx

thx for the help
dj_kane
:conf: dont get what your saying. what do you need help with?
1Side
sorry of my bad english.

I worked with reason 3.0

Now I have installed the cubase le and wanna produce with it.

of course this isn't like reason.

but I don't see how to produce with this programm.

like making a drum pattern, having a digital keyboard for making sounds.

I have also a keyboard connected threw usb.
dj_kane
id keep reason and rewire it with cubase, ths is what i do. use reason for your kicks and percs its very effective and you will save money instead of buying a vst sampler like battery.

open cubase first, new project etc. when you have cubase running click devices then select reason, select the two mix channels and whichever other channels which you require for mixing. thsi should set you up for your drums and percussion if your setting it up like mine.

next for your synths:

select devices again then vst instruments, im guessing you havent purchased any vsts yet so select one of the built in vsts for your bass or lead etc. do this for as many as you require for your track. if your using fx samples import them as an audio file where you need them.

that should get you going. anything else ask again.

edit: i forget to add that when you select your vst on the left hand side of the screen select your keyboard as your midi input and the vst as the output this will trigger your sound.
1Side
thx for the help, gonna try this out.:)
mysticalninja
I tried Rewiring Reason into Cubase but it's way to confusing to work like that I think. I thought it would let you use Reason sounds and synths in the Cubase sequencer, instead your like using both sequencers. I just export anything I need from reason to WAV and import to cubase. Is Cubase LE like SX3? I made a trance tutorial project using SX3 and only VST effects that come with SX3 and the A1 VSTi it comes with.
nytrox
quote:
Originally posted by mysticalninja
I thought it would let you use Reason sounds and synths in the Cubase sequencer

it does. just take a midi-track in cubase and connect it to the reason-instrument of your choice.
1Side
Don't know if Cubase Le is the same as SX, I might ques less instruments etc.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement