return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
Help me achieve this effect?
View this Thread in Original format
Arudius
So I thought I knew how to do this but I just found out that I don't. :( ...I'm trying to achieve this:

effect

The idea is that I want to take some audio and do this sort of LFO-controlled rhythmic gating effect? I don't know what ot call it.

Please help. :(

-Arudius
Emperor
wow..........youve stumped me on that one...

are you sure its not just a gated piece of audio but then with the pitch going down over the whole audio part?
Arudius
Here's what I think it is but I'm not sure if there's a plugin recommendation for it or what. I'm using Logic 7 and I am not sure what a good technique might be maybe in the EXS or something...Anyway, here's what I THINK it is:

The audio is run through some kind of LFO that's set to amplitude, with an envelope controller on it as well. Now, how to achieve that...hm...?

-Arudius
MrJiveBoJingles
The most precise way would be to draw in some automation for the amp envelope rather than using an LFO.
DigiNut
I do that type of thing a lot with just quantized audio chops, it only really takes a few minutes. But if you're trying to do it with an actual "effect" then you can either do it using a delay line with no feedback (first 1/4, then 1/8, then 1/16, etc.) or just a tempo-sync'ed gate with some automation on the speed.
gr8ape
Volume or cutoff modulated by lfo, whose speed is gradually sped up or slown down. Usually easier done on the synths themselves with appropriate mod matrix or routing.
thoughtlessjex
Sounds like a retrigger effect with speed automation. You can do that with dblue glitch in a few seconds. It doesn't necessarily get the most control over the final product, but I can get an effect quite similar to that with it.
askspence68
you can achieve this with an lfo by setting it on amp dest and turning feedback up 100% then automating the rate in 1/4, 1/2, etc. increments. whatever increments you want. youd have to experiment to find which ones youd want though. an easy example would be the subtractor lfo2. you can assign the rate knob in a combi or take a combi sound and route it with a subtractor thru the cv inputs and use it as an effect module.
Mr Rogers
quote:
Originally posted by DigiNut
just a tempo-sync'ed gate with some automation on the speed.

thats my guess
thecYrus
i would do it with a sampler in looping mode. then control the loop length / loop endpoint with an envelope so the distance between the retriggered sound will get longer and longer (env with very slow attack)

btw. BT is great! :D

Zombie0729
quote:
Originally posted by thecYrus
i would do it with a sampler in looping mode. then control the loop length / loop endpoint with an envelope so the distance between the retriggered sound will get longer and longer (env with very slow attack)

btw. BT is great! :D

i would do the same. i actually think he just changes the start point on the loop not the end point.
thoughtlessjex
quote:
Originally posted by Zombie0729
i would do the same. i actually think he just changes the start point on the loop not the end point.

It's definitely the end, and its definitely a retrigger. Take a look at the waveform. The attack of each instance is almost exactly the same.

Furthermore, looking at the waveform, there's a fade-in at the outset. Dunno if Arudius put it in himself.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement