return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
first track on fruity loops
View this Thread in Original format
raiki15
Hello everyone.
I've got Fruity Loops 4 (can't use a later version because it would lag on my pc), and I'm trying to achieve SOMETHING on it. But I need a good tutorial. Does somebody know where can I get a good tutorial, that would teach me how to do my first UPLIFTING/EPIC TRANCE track, starting from generating the bass sound, the synth sounds, doing the whole arrangement in a way it would sound good, making the refrain (called release in trance) in a way it sounds EPIC, and everything... I really need a starting kick, because I wanna do an epic trance remix of a music from an anime... I appreciate if somebody knows a tutorial like that.
If I can do it, I'll post it on this forum later ^__^
KilldaDJ
im not so sure that its as simple as reading a book and then knocking out an epic stomper ya know?

for the majority, ppl have sat down, fiddled with knobs (kekekeke), nosed around in the application and just experimenting with sounds and such (well thats what i did anyway, not to say im brilliant at making tunes, but i cant say im god awful either)

however, if u look at this thread, u might find something that will assist u on ur way (mind u, its a long read)
T-Soma
RTFM!
Just kidding...
Go to the production forum though, you will get much more help there.
TaylorR
doesn't image-line sell a book called the FL Studio bible or something? that might help you learn your way around the program although i think they made the book after FL 4.
Allied Nations
moving to production forum.
Aquarian
Best way to learn is to open the demo files and mess around with them.
Logout
I don't know what you have for a computer there, but you may want to try out the the universal ASIO driver at http://www.asio4all.com/ which may work better for audio in FL, or perhaps even let you use a newer version of FL.

If it weren't for this driver I wouldn't be able to produce anything on this laptop, so you might want to give it a try.
staticblue
You should try the Choon Maker VST.

djsphere
quote:
Originally posted by staticblue

LOLZ
KilldaDJ
quote:
Originally posted by staticblue

brilliant.