return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York

Desyn Masiello @ Rise (Boston) (11.10.2006) (Review)
View this Thread in Original format
sot
desyn pumped out a pretty surprising harder set then i thought he would. he played a mixture of funky house and harder driving house..totally went well in that little space... too bad the crowd was more thin then i thought it would be but whatever..was my first time at rise, place is pretty neat. its a bit smaller then i thought it would be but i think its kinda cool that they have memberships and . keeeps all the idiots who have no idea about the music out. nyc should open up a club like that. didn't studio 54 have something like that?..well anyways...was def worth the drive up cuz i definitely know i won't be satisfied with him opening up for jimmy van m @ cielo.

also he closed it out with the beverly hills cop theme..its repeating in my head like a mofooooo..i can't get it outttt help haha

and what remix of insomnia was that?? went off like no tomorrow
Zombie14
was phat.. prolly one of the best sets ive heard there

and yea, crowd was thin... i dont understand boston, gotta move outa here hahah.. desyn massiello 4 hour afterhours set and no ones around christ

i still stayed till the end, not gonna pass up graaaaand music haha

and yea, when that beverly hills cop theme came on i was wondering if i was still on planet earth hahah
GUBostonDubs
quote:
Originally posted by TylerM
was phat.. prolly one of the best sets ive heard there

and yea, crowd was thin... i dont understand boston, gotta move outa here hahah.. desyn massiello 4 hour afterhours set and no ones around christ

i still stayed till the end, not gonna pass up graaaaand music haha

and yea, when that beverly hills cop theme came on i was wondering if i was still on planet earth hahah

Dude Desyn didnt play enough tribal drums for Boston's liking...That's the problem

FEEL MY DRUMS!!!!

That's why theres like a ridic crowd for Victor Calzone, Dj Bore us, and Jonathan Peters nights vs. better music.
bogartgreens
what a night..:crazy::crazy:..walked over to Rise right as the opener came on after some pregaming at andy's apt..thought the venue was pretty sweet, decent amount of space, lotsa places to sit and the sound on the dancefloor was great..the "no alcohol served after 2am policy" wasnt too bad, kept the floor from gettin all grimey by the end of the night and i didnt break my wallet on drinks haha..

as for desyn..

he totally made the trip up worthwhile..put together a really awesome set that was probably one of the best live house sets ive heard this year..such an eclectic track selection from a range of different genres, and the mixing was on point all night...really liked the funky house tracks he threw down with the old school sounding vocals and trumpets..was impossible to stay sitting for very long even though i was exhausted by the end..had an awesome time overall and it was nice meeting Patrick and Brian..now im tempted to go see him warmup for Jimmy Van M on friday..:p

some tracks i recall:
mason - exceeder
john dahlback - if you give me
paolo mojo - 1983 (im almost certain this track was layered/mashed up with another one that sounded very familiar but i couldnt figure it out...sounded awesome though)
the beverly hills cop theme remix..hilariously awesome:stongue: :stongue:
mark knight & richard dinsdale - crunch :crazy:
vtec junkie
The night was straight up Bonkers.....nothing less!!! I saw a diffrent side of Desyn for the first time and I love it!! He was ing amazing. So many "jaw on the floor" tracks it's not funny.......vibe was sick after the wackos went home. Beverly Hills Cop theme song......enough said.....I'm sold!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Good to party with the Boston crew for a change!
sandstorm03
maybe

Faithless - insomnia (Rene Amesz & Peter Gelderblom mix)
bobba lou
did anyone catch
cosmos take me with you vs royksopp remind me

stormer i hear.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement